Island Air Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trash8Mofo said:
On the bright side, if you wanna fly a Boeing, and earn 6 digits as an FO, Island air is the fastest way to get to Aloha. Aloha IS the best kept secret around. Excellent upgrade oppertunity, brandnew 737-700s, and possibly 787s. That said, Aloha is also the fastest way to get you furloughed, which is why this thread belongs here.

Buddy at Oakland Center said he worked an Aloha -700 today heading to Victorville, CA (to be mothballed?).

My friend at Aloha flew a -700 today to be returned to the lessor. Must be the same one.

Yep, that was me.

We returned N750AL to GECAS. It's a brand-spanking new B737-700 off the assembly line last year.

Ironically, the airplane in my avatar is N749AL which was returned a couple months ago left VCV yesterday as it was being delivered to Singapore.

I really should have applied last year. Back in Chicago now, so "welcome to the great state of depression." I'll have to dive in the Island Air thread in the regionals section to get the goods on Aloha and HAL. Future bleak for both?

Trash8Mofo said:
On the bright side, if you wanna fly a Boeing, and earn 6 digits as an FO, Island air is the fastest way to get to Aloha. Aloha IS the best kept secret around. Excellent upgrade oppertunity, brandnew 737-700s, and possibly 787s. That said, Aloha is also the fastest way to get you furloughed, which is why this thread belongs here.
My God it's always good to hear your positive spin on AQ. It may be total BS but, hey, if you're dreaming, you might as well dream big. 787s.............

ShizeyMcPilot said:
LOL. See what I mean by conflicting stories...;)

Well, just cancel your interview then. LOL!

av8tortype said:
Well, just cancel your interview then. LOL!
Yep. Save yourself the $$ you'd spend to fly out here. If you only come here for the quick upgrade (that won't happen), you won't like it and you'll likely not fit in. In fact, for what you'll make as a first year FO and the cost of living, if you're not living here with your family already, I wouldn't recommend making the move.

Just my $.02.

Yeah that's kinda what I've been thinkin lately. But thanks for the insight. Remember it's when I hear good, positve stuff about it that makes the decision to go difficult.

Hold on BRB... gotta go make a phone call... ;)

Latest resources

Back