• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Island Air Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is a great story, and I wish I heard more of them. I am part Hawaiian, and unfortunately have gotten dirty looks in Waianae quite a few times while hanging out. Brian, Rusty, and Buff are all extremely cool, and should be ambassadors for the area (Buffalo sponsered many surf meets I attended while a grom, and was the best!) My cousin actually lives near the Keaulana's, and they are all a great bunch. Having said that, Waianae still has a good deal of haole hating Hawaiian's. Again, I wish it weren't so, but unfortunately, it is. There are great people in Waianae, Makaha, Nanakuli, etc. Unfortunately, there are also some people who are not so nice. Think of the last place on the island (besides inside KPT or Mayor Rights) you would like your car to break down at midnight with your blonde girlfiend, and tell me that Waianae doesn't cross your mind. If you tell me that it doesn't, you are surprising me, and anyone else who lives in Hawaii.

As for the more about attitude than skin color, I am 100% with you. Unfortunately, there are people in the world who do not yet share that view point, and unfortunately, some of them live on Oahu. The ice problem thing unfortunately is everywhere, even f++++ing Hawaii Kai.

I'm glad you have had nothing but pleasant experiences in Hawaii, and I hope they continue.

BTW, how have the waves been? I've been in the UK for almost three months now, and all my friends keep telling me how much I've been missing out on.

Yokohama

I am kamaaina brudda. Yoko ben good to me brah

Body surfing at Sandy's

Lived in Punalu'u. Da Kine!!

No Ka Oi !!

you wont find me out there after nightfall... Must have been somebody else with a grudge. Then theres the B-52 mosqitoes and the Night Marchers too.

dash8driver said:
i used to go out there all the time at night and over nights. its all about the attitude. if its good, the b52 mosquitos and night marchers wont give you a hard time.

;)

Ha my attitude is just fine! Go out there one night when the wind is calm & you cant even breathe there are SO MANY mosquitoes it is the worst I have ever seen anywhere on earth. Since the dead dont bother me its the living I concern myself with, if the wind is blowing hard it keeps the skeeters down then all you got to worry about are the mokes. DUH... I just got that one.... Why do you think they call its Mokes?

Latest resources

Back