Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mdanno808 said:
Having said that, the flying is filled with 30-40 minute legs
And just think.....those are the LONG legs. Just wanted to add that not everyone is stoked about doing 8-10 cycles a day. Eight hours of cruse would be my first choice, not three days flying the "O" line and still not getting eight hours of block time.

But, of course, unless they let us fly ITO-LIH-ITO-LIH without landing, high cycles will always be the norm.

Hey Hugh, brah, your internet must be CHEAP at your new domicile! Don't think you ever posted this much when you were deep in the heart of dixie. LBFMs and cheap internet. I hate you! ;)

mdanno808 said:
I agree with Hugh. People in Hawaii, for the most part, are some of the best in the world. There are prikks everywhere, including Hawaii, so it should not surprise you. I am sure that if you look at the pilot's at WP, a fair number of them are haole's. So what. As long as you're not an a$$whole you'll be fine (just stay away from Waianae). If you think WP sounds like the place for you, then go to the interview, and take the job if it's offered to you. What some of the guy's above said is also true. Look into apartments, etc. before deciding to move, and make sure you'll be able to afford it on your salary. The rent prices have spiked, and are currently kind of ridiculous, so be prepared. Having said that, the flying is filled with 30-40 minute legs, beautiful weather, and controllers, who pretty much bend over backwards for you. I'm pretty sure that if you do decide to move to Hawaii, you'll never want to leave. Just my two cents.

I'm haole, & I like Waianae... whats the problem with Waianae?

I went to public school in Hawaii. I dont use okinas too lazy. It's great to look like a moke.

Hugh Jorgan said:
Actually, it was only half of what I was suggesting. However, the okina in the word Hawaiian is perfectly acceptable. I find the lack of consistency amusing. However, in the word "that's", the apostrophe is not optional. Slats is proving to be quite the entertainer.

Ahhh, the battle of wits with an unarmed opponent...

Standing by for the next great example of public school excellence.:p

I like Waianae too, the more important question is, does Waianae like you?

I went to public school also, and am praying that my kids get into Kamehameha. Maybe then they'll be smart enough to avoid this industry all together.

mdanno808 said:
I like Waianae too, the more important question is, does Waianae like you?

I went to public school also, and am praying that my kids get into Kamehameha. Maybe then they'll be smart enough to avoid this industry all together.

I used to hit Makaha on a regular basis and to be perfectly honest I always welcomed,... (well if not truly welcomed definately accepted) out in the lineup with all the big name heavys out there. I became quite chatty with quite a few of them. Brian used to let me pull him into waves with his 4-man canoe... We ate $hit hard on this one wave..... We had fun... And I am as haole as they come.... Haven't made the trip in quite a while... It gets crowded out there these days...

I am not saying i'm special or anything.. I think anybody can have a great time in Waianae, Makaha, whatever, It's more about attitude than skin color or if you got koko... I think... Then if there's an ice problem in that neighborhood though all bets are off...

Latest resources

Back