• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sparse

This showed up on indeed.com today.

Pilots - U.S.A. - new
XOJET - United States
XOJET, Inc is currently hiring qualified pilots to join our team of professionals who are home based—positive space commutes on your first and last day of work....
2 days ago - save job - email - more...

Why are you so surprised that they're hiring?

They started late, when things had already settled down, and people knew what the market was going to look like, then they grew modestly. And unlike the others, when things went to s***t 4 years ago, they didn't have a huge surplus of pilots and airplanes.

Good management, but better timing

If you call doubling the fleet in 15 months growing modestly, then OK.

Not too many new airplanes slated for delivery this year.

and everyone I know who has flown XOJet lately (including me), used to use NJ for that same long flight. I believe most of the XOJet growth has come at the expense of NJ. I do not think there are many new entrants in the private jet market at that level.

Well the N.Y. sales guru from Netjets is at XO now. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't take a list of contacts with him, also at the expense of Netjets.

It has nothing to do with better service, better sales people, etc... XoJet is cheaper, that's all there is to it.

I flew with a pilot, his daughter works for Netjets as a sales rep. She told him "Dad I can't compete with Xojet, they're so much cheaper". She says she lost 5 perspective clients to them in November.

I hope Xojet does not start a race to the bottom (financially speaking)

i sure wouldnt look at price if buying a frac share. id want the most expensive. you get what you pay for. Why do wealthy people buy a $100,000 rolls royce when a Chrysler 300 does the same job?

i sure wouldnt look at price if buying a frac share. id want the most expensive. you get what you pay for. Why do wealthy people buy a $100,000 rolls royce when a Chrysler 300 does the same job?

Most rich people are some of the biggest penny-pinchers out there. Its only the people that didn't really work hard for it (most athletes and movie stars), that spend it like its nothing. If I was a rich guy looking for a private jet to take me somewhere, I'd be looking for the company that cost the least, without having a reputation for being unsafe. The days of people paying for something just because of its name, are starting to fizzle.

Latest resources

Back