• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is "Tranny" a four-letter word?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't crow about furloughs just yet, jackie. What do you think is going to happen when they start parking the 717s?

I guess in your world we will be just another PFT regional that furloughed...the point is Fuji, I do not harbor an institutional dislike of Alaska airlines, but it seems you do for SWA...and one must wonder that if your opinion of a company is based on the online musings of 10 or so anonymous SWA posters than there must be something more to it?? It may seem unfair that the pilots of a regional, PFT airline will retire with substantially more earned $$ than the pilots of a world class international carrier...that may not seem, well, fair...could this fact be what is really chapping your a#$

Again, I have nothing against SWA, just the arrogance of FI.com SWA posters.

Again, I have nothing against SWA, just the arrogance of FI.com SWA posters.

No, you hate SW because we didn't hire you.

Arrogance? Calling a successful major airline a "PFT Regional" isn't arrogant? Especially when you purport to work for an even smaller major airline....... Not only is it arrogant, it's idiotic.

I don't believe you're actually a pilot..... My theory is that you are GL and OYS with yet another login. At best, you're an angry AT guy, but my guess is you're just another bitter troll with no career and nothing better to do with your life than to attempt to annoy the adults.

Last edited:
right, you refer to SWA as a regional PFT airline...

Just stating the facts. You had to buy a 737 type rating to either get an interview or prior to hiring, didn't you? That reduces the cost to SWA to qualify you. In other words, you paid for your initial qualification. If it walks like PFT and quacks like PFT, its PFT.

No, you hate SW because we didn't hire you.

I didn't apply. I didn't have $8K to buy a type rating just to get an interview with what was, at the time, the lowest paying 737 operator in America.

Arrogance? Calling a successful major airline a "PFT Regional" isn't arrogant? Especially when you purport to work for an even smaller major airline....... Not only is it arrogant, it's idiotic.

1. Your route structure more closely resembles a regional airline.
2. You have to have a 737 type rating to be considered for employment.
3. Bigger isn't necessarily better.
4. I never represented the fact that my airline isn't a niche player.

P.S. My Maui layovers are particularly nice in the fall/winter. Hope you're having fun in ROC and SYR.

I don't believe you're actually a pilot..... My theory is that you are GL and OYS with yet another login. At best, you're an angry AT guy, but my guess is you're just another bitter troll with no career and nothing better to do with your life than to attempt to annoy the adults.

I don't know about that, but shining the light under YOUR rock does seem to annoy you.

Last edited:
What makes an airline great? Is it the size
Of an airplane? The number of destinations outside the lower 48? Or the profitability and pay of said airline? To each his own.

What makes an airline great? Is it the size
Of an airplane? The number of destinations outside the lower 48? Or the profitability and pay of said airline? To each his own.

The stability of the company closely followed by size of the paycheck for the number of days worked.

Just stating the facts. You had to buy a 737 type rating to either get an interview or prior to hiring, didn't you? That reduces the cost to SWA to qualify you. In other words, you paid for your initial qualification. If it walks like PFT and quacks like PFT, its PFT.

You state some facts. However, not all of your statements are fact.

I didn't apply. I didn't have $8K to buy a type rating just to get an interview with what was, at the time, the lowest paying 737 operator in America.

BS.... Anyone as obsessed with an airline he/she doesn't work for has to have some history there. So, you're bitter because you couldn't afford the qualifications to apply to SW? I couldn't either, yet, here I am.

1. Your route structure more closely resembles a regional airline.

Really? You guys and all the other majors allowed the regional's route structure to resemble OURS (as well as yours). FWIW, I see lot's of Alaska Airlines airplanes with propellors on them in SEA and PDX.

2. You have to have a 737 type rating to be considered for employment.

Yup. This is common knowledge, and has been for 40+ years. You don't have one or want to get one, don't apply. We get plenty of applicants every time the window opens. BTW, the 737 isn't an RJ. You also need an ATP, 1500 PIC turbine as well as a bunch of other quals. Just like any other major. If you really have a hard on for PFT guys, go on the Gulfstream etc threads and chastise those guys who pay through the nose for a $17k per year job.

3. Bigger isn't necessarily better.

That depends on the context. I like my big paychecks and big time off. I think they are better than any regional out there, including yours maybe? I wouldn't know, because I couldn't care less about what goes on at Alaska Airlines.

4. I never represented the fact that my airline isn't a niche player.

Neither did I, yet, you criticize a much larger, more successful airline by calling it a "pft regional".

P.S. My Maui layovers are particularly nice in the fall/winter. Hope you're having fun in ROC and SYR.

My 5 acre backyard is particularly nice from now until April or so. I spend a lot of time in it because I make good money and get more than half the month off. In fact, I'm sitting by the pool typing this.

I haven't even been to ROC or SYR since my (non pft) regional days, over 17 years ago. Actually, I jumpseated to SYR on UAL (well, ACA, one of their now defunct regionals) a while back to visit some relatives. Does that count?

I don't know about that, but shining the light under YOUR rock does seem to annoy you.

Baffled is a more appropriate term. Why do you and your other personas hijack every thread that involves SW? There's got to be some deep psychological issues causing this behavior. I'm guessing deep rooted jealousy is at least one of your problems.

Why don't you see the SW guys hijacking the other airline threads? If we were so arrogant, wouldn't we be all over that?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back