• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is this opnion common?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uhhh, Southwest pays much better than JetBlue. It also pays much better than AA, with a higher hourly rate, higher guarantee, and does so with smaller equipment (737-300/700, versus AA's -800). Indeed, only the 777 at AA pays higher (up to $14) than SWA per hour, and that's with a guarantee 11 hours a month lower.

Nice try, though. Really.

And incidentally, anyone who uses jumpseat denials as a way of "getting even" is a complete tool.

Last edited:
NAA Pilot,

Just wondering.

Before you were furloughed did you pick up extra flying while fellow AA pilots, like me, were furloughed?

If you did, what do you think of that practice now that you are furloughed?

Congrats on having a flying job.

CLAMBAKE

Mr. Joe Emerson
"EMERSON, JS Emp-373491
Sen-10029 SLT//XXX/ Bid-0"
Is nothing more then a small minded jerk.
I really hope I come across him some day so we can discuss a few things.

Just young and stupid!

NAA Pilot said:
Opinion from an AA furloughee that i find quite disturbing!!:

The JetBlue pilot corp has done more damage to the piloting profession than any other group that I can think of in my 17 years of airline flying. My professional courtesy of allowing JetBlue jumpseaters goes out the window when they are flying 100 seat jets for 50 seat jet payrates.
Thanks,
Furloughed Joe Emerson

While you're compiling your "damage to the pilot profession list"..
Why don't you add more relevant contributors such as inept, arrogant management, deregulation, the PATCO strike, Bankruptcy Law Abuse, fuel prices, SWA airlines from 1970 to 2000 and confrontational labor/mgt relations.

Why are you worried?... APA is taking care of ya!

pkober said:
NAA Pilot,

Just wondering.

Before you were furloughed did you pick up extra flying while fellow AA pilots, like me, were furloughed?

If you did, what do you think of that practice now that you are furloughed?

Congrats on having a flying job.

CLAMBAKE

Not only no but, H.E.L.L. NO!

I make more per seat at Eagle than the JetBlue guys that are flying the A320, much less the E190.

I love this line. I just figured my rate per seat on the BE-1900. I make just over $1.75 per hour per seat. If you figure it out among other types, I am making more per seat than just about everyone of you. The exceptions would be the most senior captains (12-14 years and above) of the 50 seat RJs. So since you all are bringing the industry down, I am going to deny all of you the jumpseat.:rolleyes:

What a tool this guy is.

Latest resources

Back