Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NAA Pilot

Opinion from an AA furloughee that i find quite disturbing!!:

Having just completed my Eagle RJ captian checkrides, I will NOT allow ANY pilots from JetBlue to ride for free on my airplane (jumpseat). The jumpseat is and always has been a professional courtesy for pilots to get back and forth to work. The JetBlue pilot corp has done more damage to the piloting profession than any other group that I can think of in my 17 years of airline flying. My professional courtesy of allowing JetBlue jumpseaters goes out the window when they are flying 100 seat jets for 50 seat jet payrates. I encourage each of you to do the same. Tell them WHY you're doing it and that there is a grass root effort at both Eagle and AA to deny them jumpseat for the reasons listed above. I'm in the process of contacting my friends at Continental and Northwest to do the same. I make more per seat at Eagle than the JetBlue guys that are flying the A320, much less the E190.

Thanks,
Furloughed Joe Emerson

F U R L O U G H E D ? Just completed his RJ Captain checkrides.

So that means its ok for him to displace or get in front of a real eagle guy to fly Capt. while he waits for AA to figure things out? Sounds like a scab to me.

JetBlue is on the NWA list, and we have had them onboard. They are also CASS, so they can ride up front or in the back. Can't imagine why they wouldn't be welcome to ride along.

320AV8R

SWA/FO said:

So that means its ok for him to displace or get in front of a real eagle guy to fly Capt. while he waits for AA to figure things out? Sounds like a scab to me.

Check your definition of a scab. That word is thrown around these days like a whore in a dock-side bar.

The flow-through is the result of an agreement. AMR, ALPA and the APA signed it.

In his own words

In his own words: "The jumpseat is and always has been a PROFESSIONAL courtesty for pilots to get back and forth to work"

Translation: he is NOT a professional in act or thought.

Did he have this opinion when he was flying mainline and earning the 'big bucks'? Seems rather interesting that he now has such a strong personal opinion on the subject.

Now if Jetblue was to raise the E190 pay to say $90 per hr would he suddenly become a 'professional' again. I doubt it.

SWA/FO said:

It seems to me that 90% of the people on this board have no idea of what a scab is.

mdanno808 said:
It seems to me that 90% of the people on this board have no idea of what a scab is.

It's that bloody piece of skin trying to heal itself after a cut/gash.

Seems to me that if JB is to blame, why not look at Southwest? What defines your jumpseat restrictions? What about anyone who flies an RJ and is taking jobs away from 'mainliners' for less pay--oh wait, that would put YOU in that category, so we'll just overlook that one, there.

Yeah, notsomuch.

NAA Pilot said:
Opinion from an AA furloughee that i find quite disturbing!!:

Having just completed my Eagle RJ captian checkrides, I will NOT allow ANY pilots from JetBlue to ride for free on my airplane (jumpseat). The jumpseat is and always has been a professional courtesy for pilots to get back and forth to work. The JetBlue pilot corp has done more damage to the piloting profession than any other group that I can think of in my 17 years of airline flying. My professional courtesy of allowing JetBlue jumpseaters goes out the window when they are flying 100 seat jets for 50 seat jet payrates. I encourage each of you to do the same. Tell them WHY you're doing it and that there is a grass root effort at both Eagle and AA to deny them jumpseat for the reasons listed above. I'm in the process of contacting my friends at Continental and Northwest to do the same. I make more per seat at Eagle than the JetBlue guys that are flying the A320, much less the E190.

Thanks,
Furloughed Joe Emerson

This was posted on the APA private site and the guy got piled on by the rest of the AA pilots. There was not one response to this post that indicated it was OK to use the jumpseat as a political weapon.

I'm sure like many of us during this down cycle, the author is frustrated and looking to vent. There are plenty of reasons for the collective misery of many in this industry, but the jumpseat isn't one of them.

Latest resources

Back