• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is this guy or girl for real?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In all seriousness, people do care. I was on a Delta flight that ended up doing S-turns on final into ATL and it caused one lady to blurt out, "Oh my God, what's happening?"

One thing that we have no control over that seems to scare the crap out of nervous fliers, is when the landing gear comes down on the CRJ 50-seater. It's such a loud noise that you'd swear we were just shot out of the air. On two occaisions as a passenger I've heard people scream when it happens. (Granted, one of them was a newhire FO)

I try to make all altitude changes so gentle you don't even know it's happening. My landings are a different thing. Unfortunately, nobody sleeps through any of these. :0

I guess I just assumed that commercial pilots had 'smooth' figured out.

Maybe I need to jumpseat more or something.

Maybe they were former fighter pilots.

Or how about:

Passengers have been spoiled by ultra-cheap tickets. Likewise, they've been spoiled into expecting ultra-smooth flight. A little negative g hear or there, or a yank n' bank every now and then doesn't hurt anyone, unless they are a pu$$y. Of course I jest - but I am sick of getting the third degree everytime we have to go missed approach, or divert, or god-forbid get an RA. Dear god we just averted disaster and all they can do is bitch about it.

I yank and bank all the time on my MS flight sim, and not once have encountered more than 1 g. And we all know that if you can fly a MS flight sim, then flying the real thing is a breeze!!!

Latest resources

Back