Is this guy or girl for real?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hmmm

This was copied from a main liners post. I can't beleive this 747 captain is really serious. Goes to show whatever you want it to show.

"Well, I flew on a (name stripped but this regional has the lowest class CEO) flight 2 weeks ago to GSO that was flown by a couple of cowboys that will probably be here soon. (when this mainline was hiring) I had to go down there on ALPA business or I would never have boarded as (regional name here) is on my "Do Not Fly" list.
Anyway these clowns pulled G's on us twice trying to climb and turn at the same time. I kid you not! I cannot ever remember having that once on a commercial airliner, let alone twice."

Holy ********************! They banked while climbing!?

OMG!

I'm surprised I didn't see this on CNN/Fox News/MSNBC.

Those death defying low time regional airline pilot dudes are going to HURT someone...or WORSE!

Holy sh(beep)t. A pair of Mario f(beep)ckin Andrettis.

Congratulations, though. You found an idiot on the internet. Next round's on me.

-Brett

I agree with the first poster. Everything is true on the internet.

I get what he is saying, I have flown with many FO's who yank and bank like they are in a C172 (the last plane they flew before the RJ). You can climb and turn smoothly without the passengers feeling much in the back, you can fly your final and configure the airplane without HUGE and erratic jockeying of the thrust levers reducing unnecessary changes in engine noise. When you level off during below 10,000 you dont have to YANK bank the the thrust levers! Bring em back slow and reduce changes in engine noise and for gods sake dont just shove them in the climb detent and yank back into a climb.....keep your flying smooth and have your passengers hear and feel as little from your controls as possible.

Ahhhh, the old "punch speed mode with a 30 kt trend vector" maneuver. The best part after almost blacking out from the G forces is the weightlessness you feel when the autopilot shoves the nose over as the trend vector goes 30 kts below 250.

Must have been a prop guy. I notice with the CAs that I fly, the guys with prop experience tend to "yank and bank" a lot more. I say who cares, most pax, except for a few pilots that ride once in a while, don't even care what goes on as long as you make a nice landing. I got to say though, my ABSOLUTE pet-peeve when riding in the back is guys who hand fly but do it really really badly, if you're going to hand fly a 40K jet then please do it so we don't feel every change in anything.

Last edited:
Must have been a prop guy. I notice with the CAs that I fly, the guys with prop experience tend to "yank and bank" a lot more. I say who cares, most pax, except for a few pilots that ride once in a while, don't even care what goes on as long as you make a nice landing. I got to say though, my ABSOLUTE pet-peeve when riding in the back is guys who hand fly but do it really really badly, if you're going to hand fly a 40K jet then please do it so we don't feel every change in anything.

I think a ton of passengers care. I know my mother does, for one. She's a nervous flyer, and the feeling of pulling positive or negative Gs scares the crap out of her. The supposed 747 Captain is being a little melodramatic, but a lot of pilots could try to be a little smoother with how they fly, but that applies to all groups, not just the regional guys.

Latest resources

Back