• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is this guy or girl for real?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe we need to adopt the Japanese philosophy of new FO's. They don't touch the controls for their first year, unless the CA is dead.

Sadly, many of the Captains are worse than the copilots.

I absolutely believe that we should not adopt the Japanese system. Maybe I should have asked, "Should we?"

I believe that CA's should do a CA's job and mentor the FO's, let them fly as much as possible and give them guidance. Too many CA's just refuse to do it and then turn around and complain about their FO's.

Perhaps the FO doing the yank'n and bank'n was a former Gulfstream PFTer who'd never really handled an aircraft, but rather, was merely babysat thru his purchased 250 hours and only allowed to touch the radio?

Oh ... hi PCL_128. Didn't see ya. How are things at ALPA? Oh my bad ... you're no longer at an ALPA airline. What DO you do with all that time you used to spend rabidly pontificating on unions?

"I got mine ... gimme that ladder, SCAB!" :nuts:

Bet you're not lecturing those 'Critter' crews about the union the way you used to here (after you suddenly and miraculously saw the light, of course). :D

Last edited:
Bet you're not lecturing those 'Critter' crews about the union

Actually, yes, I am. Our "union" is a joke, and we desperately need ALPA.

Snakum, I see you've moved up to King Airs, aint seen ya in a while here. Good to see you, you left me here with nobody to argue with.

Everyone remembers Caneman's video "Yeaaahhh, Welcome to my Jeeetttt!"

How long before some regional guy makes his own video, "YEEEAAAAHHHH WELCOME TO MY REGIONAL JJJJEEEEETTTTTTT!"

Latest resources

Back