is this guy a fraud???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
viper548 said:
If he's a loadmaster on the 141, he would know the answer to that.

Or even worse, a Navigator!!

I tend to go with the simplest explanation is the most likely. At the BEST case this guy is probably enlisted, has something to do with a C-141, and is pretending to be pilot to get some ass.... worst case he's a poser.

.....maybe your g/f's friend needs a talkin to? Can she do better?....

Ask him about survival school. EVERYONE who goes to survival school has at least one good story to tell. At the very least, this would prove he's aircrew (probably a LM). A tool like this guy would have gotten tore up at survival school.

ok-thanks for all the posts. a lot of the questions are fantastic...but i have no idea what the correct answers are on some of them. he is based at robins AFB in central GA. i have no idea if they have c141's or not..but to the post that mentioned that...that is a GREAT idea to find out. ok-all this came down rather quickly. it was just last friday that our friend told us she didn't believe he was a pilot. my g/f and myself have joked since we first met him (like a 1 minute hello) that he was a loser b/c of his flight suit. there are a couple guys in our school that also wear flightsuits as they board our 152!! it's funny. we never said anything to our friend b/c we didn't want to hurt her feelings...after all, she was "DATING A PILOT!!!" since friday, i finally sent this thread and we are going to invite them over for dinner...i have copied most of this stuff down and our friend is aware that we are going to ask stuff. whether she should dump him regardless...we think so. he's a loser for more then that reason. but it's not our 'man' so we'll just look at his flightsuit carefully i guess and ask him if jet fuel is heavier then av-gas. i have to admit, in a sadistic way i'm kind of excited to see him squirrl. i don't believe at all he's a pilot. i've never had more then a hello for a minute to to ask him any questions. neither has my g/f. hopefully in the next couple days i'll have more info!!!!!!!!!!!

ps-to the poster that insinuated that between me and my g/f we have no knowledge of avaition...you may be right. i have enough knowledge not to argu with a 6000 hr pilot. however, i've never insinuated i have any special gifts of knowledge. we both are just folk following our dream. if anything, this experience has shown me how LITTLE i know. i hope when i have 6000 hours, i'll have more respect and appreciation for a struggling CFI then you have...but then even at 6000 hrs, there will be a guy with 10,000hrs that knows more. fact. happy learning.

our friend is 35, lonely and just found our her husband of around 10 years has been cheating on her and asked some lady in another state to marry him...woops. anyway, so her self image and her world sort of crashed down and she's very fragil and untrusting. she was on top of the world dating a pilot. so we feel bad maybe bursting this bubble.

There's got some legit pilot out there who will service Di's friend. Come on! Won't someone step up?

Where's Fletchas...? If she has a REALLY dark tan we might get Hugh Jorgan to take care of business. :p TC

Slag--Call me. I'm back on Sprint now so I don't have to worry about minutes.

Da Vinci wrote:

ps-to the poster that insinuated that between me and my g/f we have no knowledge of avaition...you may be right. i have enough knowledge not to argu with a 6000 hr pilot. however, i've never insinuated i have any special gifts of knowledge. we both are just folk following our dream. if anything, this experience has shown me how LITTLE i know. i hope when i have 6000 hours, i'll have more respect and appreciation for a struggling CFI then you have...but then even at 6000 hrs, there will be a guy with 10,000hrs that knows more. fact. happy learning.

Well, that was me. I am sorry if I sounded a bit flippant but I certainly didn't mean to question you knowledge of aviation or indeed your airmanship. It was more bit of a push for you to realize that you do (of course!) have enough knowledge already to see if he's a poser. What I was trying to say was that you do not need all these suggestions of all of us. The power is within you.

Now stop taking yourself so seriously :)

p.s. Great topic - hope things work out.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back