is this guy a fraud???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Da Vinci said:
ps-to the poster that insinuated that between me and my g/f we have no knowledge of avaition...you may be right. i have enough knowledge not to argu with a 6000 hr pilot. however, i've never insinuated i have any special gifts of knowledge. we both are just folk following our dream. if anything, this experience has shown me how LITTLE i know. i hope when i have 6000 hours, i'll have more respect and appreciation for a struggling CFI then you have...but then even at 6000 hrs, there will be a guy with 10,000hrs that knows more. fact. happy learning.

ahhh....you would be surprised how much more you DO know than the 6K hour guy does!! (pump-n-dump....you will learn more about it as you progress ;) )

you are right partridge!! i should ease off the coffee or something. i understand your comment now!!! appologized for assuming whatever. my confidence was shattered when i wrote that b/c i had just tried to teach an airspace ground school to some (paying) students as practice and went on in speech and drawing that the cloud clearances are 1000 below, 500 above and 2000 horizontal...a pre-solo student correct me. i'm not a real proud guy, but that was just embaressing. mostly angry at myself. but, you are right, i think we would have SOME ability to de-pose him, but havn't had the time to actually get into a conversation. we should be having dinner maybe friday. i really appreciate the great idea's. i will post the outcome of this asap.

captdippe-he does wear it to the bars!!!!!!!!!! that's where i first met him with our friend. you may have been joking but i'm serious!!! he really wears it everywhere. BUT...i can't think for the life of me if it had badges etc. i do remember it had wings badge/pin...something.

Da Vinci said:
ps-to the poster that insinuated that between me and my g/f we have no knowledge of avaition...you may be right. i have enough knowledge not to argu with a 6000 hr pilot. however, i've never insinuated i have any special gifts of knowledge. we both are just folk following our dream. if anything, this experience has shown me how LITTLE i know. i hope when i have 6000 hours, i'll have more respect and appreciation for a struggling CFI then you have...but then even at 6000 hrs, there will be a guy with 10,000hrs that knows more. fact. happy learning.
All your post has told me is that you don't learn. This isn't a flying thing...this is a creep thing.

Keep this in mind, in a majority of murders, the victims KNEW their attacker. So you are going to invite creep into your appartment and quiz him like the grand inquizition master?

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I have yet to understand why you're wasting the time, I can't figure out why you're wasting the effort and I don't understand why you are placing yourself at risk. It's almost as if you and your old lady are queer for putting this guy on the stand or something.

FN FAL said:
All your post has told me is that you don't learn. This isn't a flying thing...this is a creep thing.

Keep this in mind, in a majority of murders, the victims KNEW their attacker. So you are going to invite creep into your appartment and quiz him like the grand inquizition master?

Good point. Remember the guy in SLC that killed his wife because he lied about getting into med school?

viper548 said:
Good point. Remember the guy in SLC that killed his wife because he lied about getting into med school?
I would just ditch the whole idea about a "witnessing" thing. He's exposing himself and his girlfriend to unecessary risk.

The world is full of people like this jumpsuit guy...some are confused and will grow out of this "stage" in their life, some are just plain nuts and are dangerous.

Caveman said:
Lighten up Francis. It was a joke. Ya know, a little inter-service rivalry. Fury 220 managed to figure it out.

Are you kidding?? I chuckled when I saw it. You and FN FAL seem to be the ones that are quick on the defensive draw, eh?
See, here's how it works: you say something to poke fun; then someone else comes back and banters at you. Do this a couple of times, maybe, and the thread moves on. So, it's my turn now:
I still haven't heard how many years as a Navy/Marine/Coastie/Public Health/NOAA officer you have. Or CAP officer maybe?

Last edited:
Da Vinci said:
captdippe-he does wear it to the bars!!!!!!!!!! that's where i first met him with our friend. you may have been joking but i'm serious!!! he really wears it everywhere.

Despite the fact that actors where wearing flight suits in a bar in the movie Top Gun, wearing flight suits in bars (or most public places) is typically not authorized for active duty service personnel in the armed forces! Now there are exceptions to every rule - such as the case of a flight crew on a training mission or cross country flight with interim stops (maybe near family or friends) getting a bite to eat at a resturant where their flight suits are the only choice. I have also noted a prevalence among Army Reserve and National Guard pilots to wear Flight Suits/ABDU's out and about during or at the end of a reserve training duty day.

All right, straight and to the point - if this guy is stationed at Robbins AFB and you know his name, then stop waisting time and either call the operator or base locator and enquire about the number to his unit:

Operator Assistance: (478) 926-1110
Base Locator: (478) 926-6027

If this guy is indeed in the Air Force and assigned to a unit at Robbins AFB, the base locator should have a number for his unit. Once you have that information, call his chain of command and ask about the rank and status of this 'officer'. If he is an officer they will confirm it and if he is not an officer, I am sure his chain of command would be very glad to know about how this guy spends his spare time representing the Air Force!

Does it really matter if this guy is a posser? If he's gettin the punanny he alright in my book.

Tell you girlfriend's friend that I'm a millionaire and I have a ten inch cl0ck. If the girl is dumb enough to believe this then she deserves it!

Latest resources

Back