Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MFRskyknight said:
https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/default.asp

Should give you a pretty cut-and-dried answer to your burning question.

Unfortunately that may not work as military pilots are not automatically granted FAA airman priviledges simply because they are awarded military pilot wings. There is an FAA written test based on military training/proficiency in order to be issued an FAA commercial pilots certificate but for most branches of service, taking the test is up to the aviator.

NookyBooky said:
I still think he should invite the dude over for mexican food and make him a ca ca burrito.
I'm begining to think they had Greek.

MFRskyknight said:
I'm amazed at the number of responses to this. This is a bit like running around asking a whole bunch of people if they can help you guess someone's phone number, rather than just going for the white pages. I think you oughtta do another "quick check online"....

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/default.asp

Should give you a pretty cut-and-dried answer to your burning question.

MFR

Yeah, you're amazed. Me, I'm amazed at the folks who pop into the middle of a thread looking down thier noses (figuratively speaking) at all the other posters and offer a piece of advice which is not only useless, but if they had bothered to read the thread they would have seen the explanation of *why* it is useless.

How many UPT graduates do you think decide NOT to take the test and get their FAA certs? I'm betting close to none.

viper548 said:
How many UPT graduates do you think decide NOT to take the test and get their FAA certs? I'm betting close to none.

More than you would think. For many brand new military pilots, they're mostly concerned with PCS's, follow-on training, and trying to learn the job they'll be doing for the next 8 to 10 years, not with getting FAA certs that they know next to nothing about and probably don't really care about. Now, when they're commitment is about up, that's another story...

ok-there are going to be some of you that puke at this...or not...but here's what happened and stop reading if you want a great story...it isn't!!!!!!!! so anyway, against better judgement, and some experienced posters on this forum we did invite them both over for dinner...BUT we decided to just mention a few things about the c141 and no trick questions. our friend told nick (woops i used his first name...that's ok for this post right? if not i'll remove it right away!!!) that they were going to have dinner with some pilot friends of hers and that we could 'talk shop'.
friday afternoon, about 5 hours after we were supposed to have dinner our friend called, turns out nick'ol boy got a top secret assignment in panama city and had to ship out that afternoon. he doesn't know when he will be able to return and he is sworn to secrecy on details. so there is the let down to this whole post. i'm so sorry it couldn't be more dramatic - but that's it. and according to a very experienced poster, maybe it's all the better. when my gf read his post, she wanted to cancel the whole thing anyway. i'm going to call the number on a previous post because i'm really curious!! should have that update on monday-ish.

i tried the FAA registry and i don't know enough info on him, employer i guess is usaf, but i don't know what address etc. to put in.

Latest resources

Back