Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is there really a shortage of Mechanics too?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I submit that mechanics are not better than pilots.

No one has said that mechanics are better than pilots.

Your comprehension lacks. You're arguing an argument that has never been made.

The argument that type ratings are proof that pilots are dumb is in itself a dumb argument.

No one has made this argument. You're arguing an argument which does not exist, and which has not been made. You're arguing against yourself.

Your comprehension lacks.
But no way am I gonna sit by while you all trounce pilots because we have type ratings.

No one has done this. You're arguing an argument which has not been made, and which does not exist. You're arguing against your own inventions; you're arguing with yourself.

That's my opinion and I would never share it with you all except in defense of an all out attack from the mechanic side saying the opposite.

The "mechanic side" has said no such "opposite" thing. Again, you have a real comprehension problem. Your high education has done little to help you in this regard.

Fly Safe and Wrench Wright,

That would be "Fly safe, and wrench right," or more appropriately, "Fly safely and correctly wrench." Your vaunted 4 year education doesn't appear to have sunk in. Perhaps you should see about getting your money back.

But for what ever reason he firmly believes mechanics are better people with better cognitive skills than pilots and I say Bull Honkey!

Again, no such thing has been said. Your comprehension problem is clearly no aberration, but rather systemic to your understanding of even the most simple concepts. Perhaps you should read more. Start with something easy, perhaps a Dick-and-Jane reader, and move on from there. This may take effort on your part, but you can do it.

Mechanics are not "better" than pilots because their special training (that's sooo hard that no pilot could possibly complete it) allows them to work on every aircraft in the world from hotair balloon to space shuttle.

Again, no such thing has been said. If you contract with a tutor, or perhaps take some community-education classes, you may be able to make up what is clearly lacking in your four-year schooling. If indeed you got your parchment, you have yet to obtain the education. It's never too late. Give it some thought.

Other than that, there's no greater requirement for pilots than mechanics in a company's operational needs - you gotta have both.

So why are we bickering about this again...? :no:

Or CEO's for that matter! And as a matter fact, a 4 year degree or greater is not really needed to do ANY job! But at some it is just plain required. A CEO can work himself up from the lower levels right out of high school and 15-20 years later be CEO. We should all be talking about the criminal pay those pukes receive, instead of bickering among ourselves about which labor group is more important. The Pilots AND Mechanics are more important than any puke CEO that thinks he deserves 400 times the salary that his average labor gets paid. Avbug wants to call me arrogant? The arrogance of these basta*dly CEO's has no bounds. And something drastically needs to be done about it. Members of the labor force should not have had to start working in the colony of Jamestown to now have finally earned what a CEO does.

And don't even get me started about all the 6 figure earning nickel and dime managers that are running around in corporate america. Capitalism at it's finest:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back