Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is there hope for private aviation while Obama remains in office?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In all sincerity, the thread was meant to discuss what we can expect from the Administration to help bring back private aviation…being a conservative or liberal is not relevant. It adds color to the conversation, but not the intent. . I left the Republican Party last November after the election and became an Independent. I even voted for a Democrat as US Senator.

My view is that Obama likes to take shots at corporate jets because it is good headline material and the industry and Republicans take the bait and attack. Foolish response…Obama sounds like a hero and the industry and Republicans look greedy. In other words…Obama is punking us and we dumb enough to react.

The Rush as Paris image is chilling.

Here is a good recap of a recent Obama statement about jets and the industries response.

AIN Blog: Bizav and Obama: Time for a Reality Check
March 2, 2013 - 7:30am

…”That’s exactly what our magazine has long argued: that for companies that can afford them, business jets are well worth considering because they can provide better accessibility to more places and save effort, energy and especially time. Other bizjet advocates have been saying the same thing for years.

This is also what President Obama said in an interview on February 20.

So how did the industry respond? A press release from the National Business Aviation Association said, “An assertion was offered by the White House that the only reason American companies use business aircraft is because ‘it’s extremely convenient and they can afford it.’” This, said the NBAA, is “dismissive,” “a misrepresentation” and “a caricature of business aviation that is at odds with reality.”

First, Obama never used the word “only”—the NBAA added that, apparently for effect.

Second, the president’s statement is true.

So why is the industry upset? Undoubtedly because the president also suggested, as he has on previous occasions, that it’s time to talk about extending the depreciation period for tax purposes for many business jets from five years to seven. These buyers “don’t need an extra tax break, especially at a time when we’re trying to reduce the deficit,” Obama said. “Something’s gotta give.”…

…”. BJT columnist Jeff Wieland, a member of the NBAA’s Tax Committee, doesn’t believe this change would have a significant impact on jet sales, nor for that matter, does he see bonus depreciation as a major factor in boosting sales. As he noted in our pages two years ago, bonus depreciation doesn’t apply to used aircraft and it doesn’t help the U.S. aviation industry when it is applied to the purchase of the many new business airplanes that are manufactured outside the U.S. Moreover, it merely accelerates a tax benefit rather than creates a new one; it is of value only to companies that are already doing well and have profits to shelter; and it could actually lead to higher aircraft prices.”…

…”So maybe we should all take a deep breath and relax. Corporate jets represent a valuable business tool. And if Congress tinkers with the depreciation rules for new-jet purchases, that tool will still be available and the bizav industry will not die, all suggestions to the contrary notwithstanding. The business aviation associations have a case to make, but they could make it better and more credibly if they toned down the rhetoric”….​

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/blogs/ain-blog-bizav-and-obama-time-reality-check

"Some guys here make Rush Limbaugh look like Paris Hilton"

I'd like to see that. Can't quite picture it though.

I think Rush might have bigger boobs...

And I think I'd rather NOT see that :puke:

Last edited:
I think Rush might have bigger boobs...

And I think I'd rather NOT see that :puke:

Let's just hope a sex tape never shows up on the internet. Time to go poke out my mind's eye.

"You can arrive in your private jet at Kennedy Airport, take a private limousine and go straight to the shelter system, walk in the door, and we’ve got to give you shelter,” Bloomberg said, speaking on the radio.

“That’s what the law is. I didn’t write the law,” Bloomberg added.

Well, of course! Where do we expect them to sleep? :rolleyes:

“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.”
― Anatole France

I've tried...but there isn't a defense for this man anymore...Bloomberg that it.

Just wish there was a way to breed a good business person with a half way politician. We got there with the creation of a mule (who can't reproduce), too bad we can't do it with would be politicans.

"While there is no known instance of a male mule siring offspring, female mules have on very rare occasion given birth to viable offspring."...viable offspring...what a way to put it.

Wait until some cheap private jet owners and 135 operators read that article and start booking their crews at NYC homeless shelters to save money!

Latest resources

Back