Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BagelBaker

mmm... stale doughnuts
Let's make one thing clear right from the start: I'm an idiot. That being said, the rest of the post will make much better sense...

I applied with SWA about a year and a half ago. Right after they switched over to the new online application. I have 8800 TT, 5400 Turbine PIC, four types, one of which is in the 737. I'm currently flying left seat in the CRJ. So I'm a bit surprised as time goes by, and a bunch of my buds are sending me emails like, "hey loser! I got an SWA interview! Why haven't you???" To which I make the witty comeback of, "Duh, I dunno." I've updated my application regularly. Prayed to the various aviation related deities, and lo, I still have not been called. So last week, I pull up my SWA application, intent on finding out why they don't LUV me. And I find it: I failed to fill out the very bottom of the application. You know, the part where you digitally sign it. Did I mention that I'm an idiot?

So this brings us to the question... Is SWA still actively calling for interviews, or are they done for a while? What's the latest projections for hiring this year? Have you just recently been called for an interview? I'd love to hear from you.

Any help would be much appreciated!

You aren't an idiot. The digital signature wasn't part of the application when it first came out. It was added recently.

So I guess that means, lo...you probably STILL won't be called.:p Besides, SWA just hates former tubedrivers.;)

Do you have a 4 year?

Did you mark a YES to any of the "have you ever" questions on the app?

How about traffic tickets?

Not that this means anything, I am just trying to get some rhyme of reason as to the calls for interviews.

Mark

PS, I did the same thing with the app.

This is of Monday morning:

One class in September, one class in October. November and December still unknown....new fiscal year begins in October.

They have 100 pilots in the pool right now. That's a number they like to have at all times.

Yes, they are still calling. Just got the call to interview. 5250 total, 2200 Turbine PIC, 121. Three types (737 included) Checkairman experience. College degree.. I think they like the checkairman thing. Anything that shows you get more involved in your comany than just being a regular line guy gets their attention, I'm guessing. Also, update your application every week or so. I didn't get the call until after I had been doing that.

Just spoke with a reference caller at PD (regarding an applicant) and was told August and September would each have only one class, then beginning October back to the three a month pace. Also, more than 500 to be hired in '06...

Latest resources

Back