Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Spirits quick upgrade enough to work there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The quick upgrade is not the best reason to work at any airline. On a W2 basis, NK pilots are not much below the new UA contract for comparable equipment. What we need most is a boost to our retirement contribution by the company. There we lag UA and DL significantly.

With the new richer contracts at the legacies, you stand to lose out on a large pile of money coming to spirit even if you upgrade quickly. Looking at uniteds new contract, their pay scale on the FO side keeps pace with spirits captain side for the first 7-8 years.
7a9u4yze.jpg

If Spirit offered you the United contract (in its entirety), would you take it? No sarcasm....an honest question.

Pref bid, no more 4 days off, required to bid training on days off, no more transition conflicts, etc.

^ I don't know! my friends at United Are always working, I think the 4 days off thing absolutely needs to stay. I know it takes away flexibility from the company but they also work us 5+6 days in a row.............

The question is better asked if it's worth leaving your current job regardless. Don't compare Spirit to the legacies because what if you don't get hired at the legacies? Maybe you go to Spirit then a legacy. Maybe you don't. Unless you can know for sure you have a legacy job in pocket, it's not a zero sum game.

If Spirit offered you the United contract (in its entirety), would you take it? No sarcasm....an honest question.

Pref bid, no more 4 days off, required to bid training on days off, no more transition conflicts, etc.

Personally I would not. Modest pay raises with similar work rules is what I would like to see but def no pref bid

Personally I would not. Modest pay raises with similar work rules is what I would like to see but def no pref bid

Most of the candy is at the top of this pay scale. The center of gravity needs to shift a bit

You will lose a ton of cash if you allow the company to use pref bid. Raise the money, keep the rules.

There is a lot of money and QOL in work rules. You just have to know how to use them.

I would prefer to keep our work rules with a modest (10% over three years say) pay raise. I would also like to see a DC to our 401k along with our soon to be 9% match. Also a solid long call reserve policy would be nice to have.

Latest resources

Back