Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Spirits quick upgrade enough to work there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suupah

With the new richer contracts at the legacies, you stand to lose out on a large pile of money coming to spirit even if you upgrade quickly. Looking at uniteds new contract, their pay scale on the FO side keeps pace with spirits captain side for the first 7-8 years.
7a9u4yze.jpg

Last edited:

Interesting analysis. Sounds compelling from a monetary perspective. What's the estimated upgrade time at UAL for a newhire these days? Spirit would still be preferred by some people who don't want to be somebody's beeeotch for long. It comes down to what you are looking for in the job (I'll take the cash!). Personally, I'd be happy to take a 787 FO slot at UAL down the road and sit for awhile.......:D

I find it interesting in the grid above that the negotiated Bombardier CS300 rates are higher than the E195 rates even though the seat numbers are not too far off. Wonder if Republic has offered to sell its CS300 orders/options to UAL????

Point is to get the info out for the 2015 negotiations. A small pay raise is not enough in this generation of contracts

I guess it's certainly worth the discussion but your comparing United's 2017 rates vs Spirits 2015 rates that were negotiated YEARS ago. Hopefully our rates come up significantly

Hopefully... But if they fiddle fu(k around in negotiations for 2 years then get a cba with gradually increasing contractual rates over four years to achieve parity we won't see great rates until like 2021. That's a lot lost. Our greatest hope the way I see it is to dissuade people from coming here because of the disparity of pay and benefits forcing mgmt to get a deal done quickly or face labor shortages

^ I hear ya but there will NEVER be a shortage of pilots applying, you might just see the "less qualified" I think attrition buy junior guys will open mgmts eyes before lack of applicants.

I wouldn't rely on future aircraft orders as good hope for what will happen. The current quick upgrade matters for those hired 2.5 years ago. Anything could change because this is aviation after all.

^ I hear ya but there will NEVER be a shortage of pilots applying, you might just see the "less qualified" I think attrition buy junior guys will open mgmts eyes before lack of applicants.

True, but I bet mgmt doesn't want to become a training ground for the kegacies

Pay will increase significantly next contract....but, what do we have to give up to get it!?

Latest resources

Back