Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Skywest losing ground in Salt Lake City?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Delta is trying to move the regionals around so they don't get too comfortable and think they "own" the place. It started after the failed Comair strike in CVG, which shut down that hub for a couple months and cost DL $1 billion. Remember, they are just feed, and if they aren't doing a great job can be replaced after their contracts are up. Seamless travel, no doubt!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I second the General's post and I don't understand all this smear campaign. Don't you people have something better to do than lower yourself so much?
Skirts, toilet door signs .... my goodness!!
General wrote the truth and even said "I think" in the beginning of his post.

You guys need to understand - regionals suck, not you. When pilots say that regionals destroy the industry - it is because they do, not because YOU do.

Don't take it personally and get ready for next step for your career.
All there is to it.

Oh ok... so who ALLOWED regional airlines to become what they are? Hint: It wasn't the regional airline or the pilots that work for them. If we're such a problem... TAKE IT BACK. ALL OF IT. I won't hold my breath though.

I do agree though... the insults and immature name calling is getting pretty old. From both sides.

I second the General's post and I don't understand all this smear campaign. Don't you people have something better to do than lower yourself so much?
Skirts, toilet door signs .... my goodness!!
General wrote the truth and even said "I think" in the beginning of his post.

You guys need to understand - regionals suck, not you. When pilots say that regionals destroy the industry - it is because they do, not because YOU do.

Don't take it personally and get ready for next step for your career.
All there is to it.

Who are you calling a 'name caller'?

I hope the bathroom door with the wrong sign doesn't hit you in the butt on the way out, after you've pulled your skirt up!!

And she (the general) started it!!!

:)

Dear Professor Frankenstien,
(EMBPilot)

And another thing; I too grow tired of sparring with the pea brained idiot, my original 'name calling' was merely a reaction to his regional trolling.

He's like a rich guy driving thru the ghetto, waving his W-2. Leave us to our whining regional pilot misery, but stop stirring up the pot.

And while stirring the pot may be fun, please don't be amazed or whiny when told to please leave.

I posted on the majors board just once. The purpose was to find out how many folks were trolling the regional board.

Sincerely Yours,

Frankenstien's Monster

Dear Professor Frankenstien,
(EMBPilot)

And another thing; I too grow tired of sparring with the pea brained idiot, my original 'name calling' was merely a reaction to his regional trolling.

He's like a rich guy driving thru the ghetto, waving his W-2. Leave us to our whining regional pilot misery, but stop stirring up the pot.

And while stirring the pot may be fun, please don't be amazed or whiny when told to please leave.

I posted on the majors board just once. The purpose was to find out how many folks were trolling the regional board.

Sincerely Yours,

Frankenstien's Monster

Don't you want to improve your lot in life? General Lee is right, more RJs means less mainline jobs, and the continuation of less pay and worse benefits. You try to find humor in this, but you are making yourself look bad, and your jokes aren't funny. Keep sticking it out here in the minor leagues, I am aiming for higher eventually.

Whether Gen is right or not, it is how he goes about antagonizing Regional Pilots that is wrong. It is not his job to poke RJ pilots with a stick, and belittle them with his rhetoric. OK, his plane is cooler, his overnights are better, blah blah blah. We get it. But, he blames RJ pilots for the RJ mess. He talks down to RJ pilots and that is why his message gets lost. We're listening if there is a secret way to reduce RJ's and add mainline jets. We're just tired of a Mainline pilot trolling the Regional board to antagonize us so he can feel better about himself.....because I assure you he is a sad, pathetic dude that I am certain has been picked on and/or beat up his whole life, so now it is his turn to pick on others.

That said, yeah, we agree that there should be more mainline jobs. But, we are POWERLESS to do anything. That is up to you mainline guys. (And don't tell me we should not have taken jobs at the regionals, or we would never be called when the major jobs open up)

Whether Gen is right or not, it is how he goes about antagonizing Regional Pilots that is wrong. It is not his job to poke RJ pilots with a stick, and belittle them with his rhetoric. OK, his plane is cooler, his overnights are better, blah blah blah. We get it. But, he blames RJ pilots for the RJ mess. He talks down to RJ pilots and that is why his message gets lost. We're listening if there is a secret way to reduce RJ's and add mainline jets. We're just tired of a Mainline pilot trolling the Regional board to antagonize us so he can feel better about himself.....because I assure you he is a sad, pathetic dude that I am certain has been picked on and/or beat up his whole life, so now it is his turn to pick on others.

That said, yeah, we agree that there should be more mainline jobs. But, we are POWERLESS to do anything. That is up to you mainline guys. (And don't tell me we should not have taken jobs at the regionals, or we would never be called when the major jobs open up)

I have read some of your responses to him and I think in reality you are the one who has the problem. "Woe is me" is your common theme. Get a grip man. It's like you are saying "Don't be mean to us, you evil mainline pilot." He seems to be right mostly, that our willingness to take lower paying jobs regardless of what it does to the overall industry is a main problem. We don't assign where RJs go, but the outpouring of wannabe airline pilots from places like Embry Riddle and UND show there is no shortage of applicants. I know one thing, I am ready to move on to something better in this industry.

Good luck and enjoy!

PS. I'm not going to debate you, but woe is certainly not me. I enjoy what I do, and if some dude wants to belittle me for that, so be it! If I want to defend against his assertions, I have the right to do so. Sorry, but GL does faaar more trolling here than simply giving his opinion. He aims to antagonize and belittle others, and you know it.

Last edited:
I have read some of your responses to him and I think in reality you are the one who has the problem. "Woe is me" is your common theme. Get a grip man. It's like you are saying "Don't be mean to us, you evil mainline pilot." He seems to be right mostly, that our willingness to take lower paying jobs regardless of what it does to the overall industry is a main problem. We don't assign where RJs go, but the outpouring of wannabe airline pilots from places like Embry Riddle and UND show there is no shortage of applicants. I know one thing, I am ready to move on to something better in this industry.

You may be willing to move on to bigger and better things, as are most of us. However, don't you think you ought to take some pride in what you do? You do the exact same job as those "mainline" pilots do. Just because many like yourself are willing to allow someone to wave their finger in your face doesn't mean we all will. In my opinion, putting up with it sets apart the amateurs from the professionals who commit their time to honing their craft.

Those pilot mills you speak of like UND and ERAU produce nothing different than what you have become- a regional guy looking to move up the ladder.

Just because you are looking to move on, doesn't set you apart from the rest of us- you are still a regional guy.

The guy who started this thread was wondering about Mesaba growing in SLC. It looks like they are expanding, and that should make you nervous. DL can put you guys where ever they want, and that can make life interesting. But, DL is doing it for a reason.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Being a Mesaba person it doesn't particularly feel like we are expanding.

The 900 flying is being bounced around from month to month so much that no one can get a feel for it. And with the SAAB's leaving, I am expecting a downgrade by the end of the year. I am not a new hire, low time Captain.

Being from the NWA side of things, no one at Mesaba find it surprising with the constant changes. That was the normal. I think it's funny when people from ASA and Skywest talk about Mesaba "stealing" your flying. We go where were told. Personally, you can have Atlanta. I never liked going there anyway. Salt Lake is really nice though.

Heck - I wouldn't be surprised if Delta took our 900's away. Who knows General maybe you know something I don't. Expanding would be great. I just haven't been feeling the love.

Latest resources

Back