Is Pinniacle Next?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Work ethic maybe?

One can have work ethic yet realize they are getting screwed with. I realize that most going to pncl weren't necessarily looking for a leading contract but rather a quick upgrade. But still, when you're paid less than almost all of your peers, under horrible work rules, going to crappier hotels etc, even the best of work ethics can be broken.

I'm sure there is the 20% that hope that if you guys work really hard, you'll get more -900s, more growth and move on. The reality though is the industry is stagnant and you're getting hosed.

Thanks Baronman. Very well stated.

There are a lot of good pilots at PCL, and they have NOT been fairly compensated by the company. A lot of them have a very high work ethic. In that regard, those pilots make up for the horrible performance of the company on a daily basis...

Working for a company that really doesn't care, under a contract that's 11 years old is pathetic. The top guys at the company should be ashamed of themselves. Taking huge bonus while their FO's make poverity wages. Some qualify for food stamps.

by the way just to let everyone know, colgan stays at the crown plaza downtown memphis and has a bus pick them up every morning to take them to the c.e.c. and drive them back at night for their training. Why are they not making them stay at the p.o.s we stay at?

Colgan stays at a nicer hotel than you do, so instead of demanding that you stay there too, you'd like Colgan to stay with you at the p.o.s?

Pinnacle won't hire. The new staffing strategy is to offer premium pay (150%) for flights operated on weekends/holidays. This is been going on nonstop for over 2 months now, and will continue to.

We got a memo from our mgt saying the same thing last week. Hiring pilots here and were STILL going to be short...waay short. I'm sure we will have our fair share of cx flights this summer..o wait...we already started doing that.

We got a memo from our mgt saying the same thing last week. Hiring pilots here and were STILL going to be short...waay short. I'm sure we will have our fair share of cx flights this summer..o wait...we already started doing that.

Did you mean to say NOT hiring pilots here?

Work ethic could also be described as having a high number of people from TN/MS willing to put up with whatever to live and work from home, coupled with a large # of people who literally paid for their jobs and have everything to lose. It's a bad combination.

Latest resources

Back