Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Pinnacle a decent airline to work for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
I know it's popular to bash the union at PCL

wow, that is really sad. after all, it is your union so if the pilots think the union sucks they only have themselves to blame. that is especially sad because it comes at a time when you 9e boys need to unite.

it sounds cheesy, however, your unity is your strength during the days ahead.

pcl_128, i'm happy at least you know how it is. too bad more of your boys don't think like you do. good luck, man.

Good Faith

I can only hope that the union and company resolve these issue's soon. I hope to be making enough money to at least afford my rent and other bills I have piled up. We are considered to be "professional" and I hope they start treating us like professionals and paying us like professionals, but I have faith that it will happen.
Everyone needs to realize that a Regional Airline is not the place to hang your hat for retirement. It doesn't matter which one you work for. I know several people at several different one's and they all have their issue's. I was in the Hotel Van with a Mesa Crew last night. Bless their poor soul's. Make's you realize 9E isn't too bad after all, even with the old contract. I enjoy my job here at Pinnacle, I just hope that it get's better and I'm sure it will......... Apply everyone!!!! Good luck in the interview, I hear it's a 2 day process now.......

jackbo said:
are you high? with growth coming to an end and negotiations not going anywhere, 9e is going to suck balls to be at for the next few years. if by stable you mean continuing to be a crappy place to work with tensions getting higher by the day and growth going nowhere, then it is stable.

i'm sure the 9e sim instructors keep quitting because it is such an awesome place to be. sounds "stable" to me.

when i said stable,I meant financially. read the context. The company is making money so its as stable as you can get. As opposed to AWAC, SKyway, and I am sure there are others.

blackbox said:
when i said stable,I meant financially. read the context. The company is making money so its as stable as you can get. As opposed to AWAC, SKyway, and I am sure there are others.

Can you name a regional that's not making money? I have heard many negative things about Pinnacle. A close friend of mine has been an FO there for a year and a half and can only get lines with 11-12 days off per month and is making $24/hr. Several furloughed Independence guys also went to Pinnacle and quit during the middle of training because the training department was so poor.

RP170 said:
Can you name a regional that's not making money? I have heard many negative things about Pinnacle. A close friend of mine has been an FO there for a year and a half and can only get lines with 11-12 days off per month and is making $24/hr. Several furloughed Independence guys also went to Pinnacle and quit during the middle of training because the training department was so poor.

Man that sucks!

Is getting only 11-12 days of per month in your second year really that bad? I am new to this airline thing so I really dont know. But i know at some airlines in year 2 you are still sitting reserve. the 24 dollars an hour is pathetic and hope the new contract is a lot better. It cant possibly get worse can it?

and about the Indy guys. I definitly think the training department could be a lot better. But i am pretty sure they left not because of poor training, but more because the came looking to get into the left seat right away. and when they found out they would be F/O's they left.

Last edited:
blackbox said:
Is getting only 11-12 days of per month in your second year really that bad? I am new to this airline thing so I really dont know. But i know at some airlines in year 2 you are still sitting reserve. the 24 dollars an hour is pathetic and hope the new contract is a lot better. It cant possibly get worse can it?

and about the Indy guys. I definitly think the training department could be a lot better. But i am pretty sure they left not because of poor training, but more because the came looking to get into the left seat right out of training. and when they found out they wuold be F/O's they left.

Bad compared to what we are used to at CHQ. Average of 16 days off per month right out of training. Guys are getting up to 18 day off per month lines right out of IOE. Reserve is basically non-existant.

The Indy Air guys left not because of an issue with out training department but because they didn't get CA right out of the box. 10 days off may not be the norm at CHQ, but it is at alot of airlines. The schedules at 9E also vary depending on the base. MSP/DTW guys have more flying available to them than MEM crews because of how NWA has the hub structures set up.

RP170 said:
Bad compared to what we are used to at CHQ. Average of 16 days off per month right out of training. Guys are getting up to 18 day off per month lines right out of IOE. Reserve is basically non-existant.

damn, where do i sign up!

Latest resources

Back