Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Pinnacle a decent airline to work for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airludy

I have a interview with Pinnacle and would like to hear some stuff from current employees there....Is this a good place to work for? Pros and cons? I would like to commute from cleveland also.. Any info would be great. Thanks

deascent

I would say Pinnacle is just deascent. Not great, not poor, but deascent. Apparently they're paying their new hires in training now. Only 200per week, but it's better than nothing which is what I got and some "lifer's" here had to pay 10k for their training so I can't complain there. The training program isn't all that great, however the FEDS got their nose in things now so I'm sure it's on it's way for improvement. 1st year F.O. pay stinks. $20.73 an hour just isn't hardly enough to cut it unless you're still sucking on moma's nipple or married with a kind and understanding spouse, or like me, divorced with a hot sugar mama!
Our contract is under renegotiations right now and I truly hope for more money and a better quality of life and by that I mean a life where Crew Scheduling and Crew Planning don't run your life. Don't know about you and other's but I have more important things in my life than Airplanes and my job. Lot's of "Junior Manning" going on right now, which means those days off you planned on heading out of town for whatever reason isn't happening, or it means you won't be able to commute home for 6 or 7 days at a time, which is enough to make your hair grey after awhile. Pinnacle is very short pilots right now so somebody has to pick up the slack. Another problem is that they don't want to hire enough guys to keep on staff so other's don't get screwed over because paying a 75hr. guarantee to pilots that are "extra" or Reserve in other words is not the company's idea of spending money wisely. There's also something called Reduced Rest which is supposed to be used for Maint. issues, Wx delays, etc,etc. It's not designed to be scheduled like we do it here. This is supposed to be coming to a stop from what I hear.
This airline grew too quickly so they still treat it like it's a good ol' boys flying club in Memphis, however they are making progress to change it and it's coming along. I think in the near future it will be one of the best, if not the best regional to work for because they are really working on alot of things here and still working on company growth as well. Rumor is Pinnacle is or already has another 121 certificate approved for 6 EMB 170 or 190's and it can't be taken any furthur until the current contract is settled so hopefully we'll see it sooner than later.
Cleveland is an easy commute to DTW. I know a couple people that do it and it's easy. Driveable if you really need to. Goodluck......... Like I said, it's a deascent place, but one thing you have to keep in mind is that it's great flying time. All Glass Turbojet?? Can't go wrong really.......

I hear pinnacle is even paying for hotel now during training, which is great news. I hear the MX is above average here. The company makes a lot of money so its about as stable as they get. and as Mtnjam mentioned we are in contract negotiations. I am pretty optimistic about it, but who knows how it will come out. But honestly I think if its not exactly what we want or close to it, people will walk. They have had to put up with a lot of crap here. mainly scheduling issues, junior manning, and getting extended.

Mtnjam said:
I think in the near future it will be one of the best, if not the best regional to work for because they are really working on alot of things here and still working on company growth as well. .

While I like to think that we will be the best, its a bit of a reach to say that considering we are so far away from being the top regional right now.
We have a new VP of Flight ops and I have very high expectations of him. He seems to be doing a lot of good things for the company.

I havent been here long, but I do like it. The capt's that i have been flying with are great and so are the F/A.

But dont come here looking for a quick upgrade, because thats come to a screeching halt. good luck on the interview.

. I think in the near future it will be one of the best, if not the best regional to work for because they are really working on alot of things here and still working on company growth as well. Rumor is Pinnacle is or already has another 121 certificate approved for 6 EMB 170 or 190's and it can't be taken any furthur until the current contract is settled so hopefully we'll see it sooner than later.
Cleveland is an easy commute to DTW. I know a couple people that do it and it's easy. Driveable if you really need to. Goodluck......... Like I said, it's a deascent place, but one thing you have to keep in mind is that it's great flying time. All Glass Turbojet?? Can't go wrong really.......[/QUOTE]

I always knew phil was on these boards now i know who it is. Come on guys don't drink this kool aid. Let's be realistic about things. Oh yeah and by the way the union does not give a rat's a$$ about about FO pay or the reserve system. all they care about is another 1 percent on the 401k because they are stuck at pinnacle for life. and this stuff about 9e being swa's first regional is ridiculous. If they ever do decide to fly emb 170/190s they will more than likely do it in house based on their business model

Oh and by the way if anybody around MEM wants a job making 35k base salary wokring 10-20 duty hours a week only 4 nights a week with weekend and holidays off pm me. This is no joke. It is the easiest flying job there is and it is turbine pic

airludy said:
I have a interview with Pinnacle and would like to hear some stuff from current employees there....Is this a good place to work for? Pros and cons? I would like to commute from cleveland also.. Any info would be great. Thanks

If you living in cleveland then why not try ExpressJet?

Qol

Can anyone comment as to how many days off an average lineholder has, how commutable the schedules are, and if it is easy to trip trade? Also, when will the contract issues be resolved?

Trip trading is based off staffing. Contract is progressing well, bith sides have said that it may be done by the new year.

Days off is average close to 14 days off this month. DTW is a bit above 14, and MEM and MSP is about mid 13. With that said, you will probably get about 11-12 after 5-6 mo. of seniority. Trip trade depends staffing, or more accurately, if someone in crew scheduling can get off their lazy butts and approve your request.

Anyway, welcome to 9E. I hope you'll like it here. It ain't paradise, and it ain't hell, but it sure it's our little corner. If you can't get your dream job right now, might as well enjoy the time spent smelling the rose, right?

blackbox said:
The company makes a lot of money so its about as stable as they get. and as Mtnjam mentioned we are in contract negotiations.

are you high? with growth coming to an end and negotiations not going anywhere, 9e is going to suck balls to be at for the next few years. if by stable you mean continuing to be a crappy place to work with tensions getting higher by the day and growth going nowhere, then it is stable.

i'm sure the 9e sim instructors keep quitting because it is such an awesome place to be. sounds "stable" to me.

Mtmjam said:
Rumor is Pinnacle is or already has another 121 certificate approved for 6 EMB 170 or 190's and it can't be taken any furthur until the current contract is settled so hopefully we'll see it sooner than later

right. and just who is 9e going to fly them for? and if it "can't be taken until the contract is settled" then i guess they won't be flying for at least two years.

you guys need to get real. the long time 9e guys know how it is. start smelling reality, fellas.

flagshipper said:
Oh yeah and by the way the union does not give a rat's a$$ about about FO pay or the reserve system. all they care about is another 1 percent on the 401k because they are stuck at pinnacle for life

This kind of crap is just ridiculous. The union's contract goals are directly taken from the Wilson Polling data that has been collected for the past few years from the line pilots. I can assure you that FO pay and the draconian reserve system are 2 of our top priorities. You haven't seen the contract goals and you haven't been present at the MEC meetings, so how can you say that we don't care about these things? I know it's popular to bash the union at PCL, but the reality is far different from what the average line pilot thinks. I know you don't work here anymore, but if any of your friends still do and believe the same things you said, then please have them PM me.

Latest resources

Back