• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Is on demand cargo dead?

• Yes

Votes: 95 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 15.6%
  • It is slow, but will come back eventually.

Votes: 191 56.3%

• Total voters
never happen

crj freighter!
Would have to operate under part 121 due to cargo capacity, who would put that money in a little airplane?

Well, who would have thought IFL would have sank millions into the Falcons? Or, what about the freighter G-III that Phoenix Air is running? ...There's bound to be someone who will go for it.

More info

They already use the CRJ as a freighter over in Europe. Not a big cargo door, but they bulk it out with packages.
Does Europe seperate ops like we do 135/121?

So, how is it out there? I've heard rumors that things are starting to get a little bit better, but not from anyone at my company. Business picking up a bit?

Now why would any self-respecting freight dog want to fly some candya$$ RJ anyway? ;)

lol yeah, is it possible to replace the glass with steam gauges? Maybe take all the fancy nav stuff out and put an old Garmin 165 or Trimble 2000 in? You could probably take a couple more pounds of freight if you took the radar out.

Nah, once a crappy CRJ, always a crappy CRJ.

I always thought the 50 seater RJ's would be the next freighters... To many of them sitting around in the desert for someone not to start putting cargo doors on them. I don't think they will be able to do the 5000' strips like the Falcons could, but they can probably carry a few more pallets. Don't know any numbers for sure, just guessing here...

Has it picked up any at all? Fewer companies to compete with these days will make it seem busier faster, when it picks back up that is.

Latest resources

Back