• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Is on demand cargo dead?

• Yes

Votes: 95 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 15.6%
  • It is slow, but will come back eventually.

Votes: 191 56.3%

• Total voters
Start a fractional. "Bring your own seating" and offer a nice discount.

Yeah, I wonder if the Auto Execs and Congress would go for that? Hmmm... I know a cargo strap and a lawn chair works back there....

First class includes engine plugs to sleep on.

Business class involves either a hammock created from a cargo net, or a nest built out of check bags.

Need to find us a couple of C-17's for when the military outsouces flying one pallet that can only be moved by a four-engine jet, with two tankers flying support...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
On demand cargo is highly cyclical. When times are good everybody thinks they will last forever. When times are bad everybody thinks they will last forever. Just as the sun rises and sets there is another business cycle coming and it will happen all over again.

How many hours a year have on demand freight pilots been flying lately? I had about 400 hours in 2007 and I should end up around 350-375 hours for 2008.

How many hours a year have on demand freight pilots been flying lately? I had about 400 hours in 2007 and I should end up around 350-375 hours for 2008.

I'm up to about 300 hours so far this year. Things have definitely slowed down in the last few months, unfortunately.

I did 750 last year and I am down to 350ish for this year maybe.

That's definitely a good thing though, considering 95% of my flying is for Dover, I'm happy with less hours this year for sure.

That was my concern when I spoke with the charter folks. You are paid by the mile, but if I had it my way I would never fly a mile out of Dover.

I'm afraid all hoping that this industry will come back are going to be in for a long painful ride...

I flew 1000 hours in '05, 800 in '06, 600 in '07 and if I had stayed the rest of this year, I wouldn't have broken 400 for sure! I'm afraid this business is dead or is going to die soon, like USA JETS Falcons... I feel for you guys still riding it out!

Hopefully I'm wrong and it gets busy but without a bailout from the Govt., get your resumes out to everyone!

Latest resources

Back