Is NetJets a career place?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
V1 Rotate said:
Thanks for all the feedback guys (and gal). I really appreciate it. That would be nice if that statement about 60K is true, on a steady basis. I'm sure someone has done, but is it normal??? How long does the reserve normally last? Dare I ask about upgrade time? I'm not getting any younger here!

Reserve only last a very short time after training, no more than 3 months unless you want to stay on it. The 7&7 is the default schedule. As long as 10% or more pilots volunteer for reserve no one will be forced into it.

If you worked all 10 holidays your 1st year you'd make an extra $3200. Of course it's not likely you would hit all 10. Overtime averages maybe 10%. So I'd guess low to mid 50's in the 1st year isn't unrealistic for reserve schedule.

Upgrade is anyone's guess, I wouldn't count on less than 4 years. But if we keep getting jets in future years the way we are this year who knows?

AirBear

My husband had been saying 5 years to upgrade, but has recently told me that the outlook has improved, and he now agrees that 3-4 yrs looks possible. He has always been cautious/careful when estimating, so I think you can count on the 4 yr estimate as realistic based on current info.

Ghost, I understand your goal, but you do agree, do you not, that having the choice to work past age 60 is a good thing? After all, not everyone's needs and interests are the same. I do wish you success in meeting your goal.

ghostrider64 said:
My personal goal is 55. I'm saving every danged penny I make here to meet that goal. It's still painful. But it's the way I live.
That's a good goal. But what if you kick at 54-1/2? You'll have "painfully" scrimped your whole life and not enjoyed the benefits. There's a balance to be struck between enjoying life now (carpe diem) and saving for retirement.

Wise words, UG!

When you're on reserve for those 7 days, how does the per diem work? Seven straight days of per diem or just when you're flying? Any jumpseat priviliges on the airlines? I don't recall the last time I had a fractional jumpseater, if ever, but just curious.

Last edited:
....a few more questions: 1) Do you get to pick your base or is it assigned, and when do you find out where it is? If so, what are the odds of DAL? 2) Also, I noticed on Netjets home page that they require 250 hours of instrument time. Is that true? That sounds like alot. I have 150 or so of actual and 50 or so under the hood. Alot of my 4,500 hours has been down South in the clear. Surely that measley requirement wouldn't knock me out of an interview, would it?

Yeah, I'm stayin

Its a career move for me unless it goes to hell.

Who can be certain, but in chaos there is profit, and the people we are flying are very good at what they do.

Per dium is paid the entire time you are on the road, not just while you are flying.

I enjoy it more and more as time goes on.

There can be very hectic days when you go "what the %&*%?", and there are days when you go "Sweeeeettttt!!!".

The absolute worst part of my job is airlining.

Catered food $60 dollars a day..... Racking up Hilton and American Airline points 200+ points per day....

Flying Elizabeth Hurley...... Priceless

Last edited:
SAEflyer said:
All time requirements are hard and fast. Its in the owners contract.

No they are not! The only minimum I have seen NJA waive is the instrument time. V1, there have been people hired with less instrument time than yourself. Don't let it hold you back from applying. Best of luck to you.

netjetwife said:
My husband had been saying 5 years to upgrade, but has recently told me that the outlook has improved, and he now agrees that 3-4 yrs looks possible. He has always been cautious/careful when estimating, so I think you can count on the 4 yr estimate as realistic based on current info.

What was his estimate for upgrade and progression when "HE" got hired at AA?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back