Is NetJets a career place?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
V1 Rotate said:
When you're on reserve for those 7 days, how does the per diem work? Seven straight days of per diem or just when you're flying? Any jumpseat priviliges on the airlines? I don't recall the last time I had a fractional jumpseater, if ever, but just curious.

Per Diem the whole time you're away from home. Once you start a 7 day tour you won't be sent home in the middle of it. If you lose the other pilot and they have no one to replace them you might get your tour cut short, but then the min 3 days off after a tour of less than 7 days comes into play.

No jumpseat agreements, a few airlines will sometimes let you ride but it's a very unreliable way to commute.

New hires are generally allowed to pick their domicile before accepting the job. I've read posts by some new hires on this forum saying they weren't offered DAL or TEB thou. They could have too many pilots already at those bases. Something to ask about if you get the interview.

AirBear

as214 said:
Only work half the year? Let's see 7 on, 7 off with 14 hours of duty per day . 14*7=98 hours per tour times 2=196 hours of duty per month. A forty hour work-week=160 hours per month. You aren't off half of the month. The guy above has flown both he is saying which is better and he sounds pretty convincing. Even in their current state a major airline guy with accrued seniority will get 17-18 days off per month. Apples to oranges.
Nobody works 14 hr days every day. I rarely get worked 14 hrs. 10-12 is more common. 12*7*2=164. Not too far off. Plus most people that work 40 hr work weeks only get 2 weeks of vacation per year. Our 2 weeks become 6. Plus those 121 guys that have enough seniority to have 17-18 days off have been there a LONG time. With that kind of time here you'd get 3 or 4 weeks' vacation, which equals 9-12 weeks off.

We do have longer days than most other workers (and pilots, for that matter), but other benefits tend to offset that.

Ultra Grump said:
Nobody works 14 hr days every day. I rarely get worked 14 hrs. 10-12 is more common. 12*7*2=164. Not too far off. Plus most people that work 40 hr work weeks only get 2 weeks of vacation per year. Our 2 weeks become 6. Plus those 121 guys that have enough seniority to have 17-18 days off have been there a LONG time. With that kind of time here you'd get 3 or 4 weeks' vacation, which equals 9-12 weeks off.

We do have longer days than most other workers (and pilots, for that matter), but other benefits tend to offset that.

Break it down anyway you want to , whatever makes you feel good. You still are extremely underpaid for the amount of travel you do and the job involved.

as214 said:
Break it down anyway you want to , whatever makes you feel good. You still are extremely underpaid for the amount of travel you do and the job involved.

SHHHHH! You don't want to wake up familyguy.

Funny thing is I was saying that very thing about 3 hours. We are on our own.

as214 said:
Break it down anyway you want to , whatever makes you feel good.
It has nothing to do with what makes me "feel good." You chose to make an invalid comparison based on faulty numbers and questionable assumptions. I just pointed that out.
You still are extremely underpaid for the amount of travel you do and the job involved.
You won't get an argument from me about that one. But you never mentioned the pay in your post, just hours worked and days off.

Ultra Grump said:
It has nothing to do with what makes me "feel good." You chose to make an invalid comparison based on faulty numbers and questionable assumptions. I just pointed that out.
You won't get an argument from me about that one. But you never mentioned the pay in your post, just hours worked and days off.

Faulty numbers and questionable assumptions? The only time a Major airline guy comes to Netjets is when he is furloughed. Otherwise, how come you never se Major Airline guys who are employed leave for Netjets, but you see Netjets guys leave for Major airlines? As far as Im concerned when you are away from home that is work, we also do many more RON;s than airline guys. So saying we work 10-12 hours a day is invalid and inaccurate. Even if you fly a 10 hour day you'll sit around an FBO for three more hours before they release you for yet another 10 hour turn. It is a slave shop. You are saying it takes 5 to 10 years for a Major guy to get 17-18 off a month that is a lie to. Ask anyone here who has left for Jetblue or ask the above gentleman who is at AWA about that. I guarantee he has the option to bid his schedule as such to get 17 off after two years if he wants. I understand you may like your job and it is human nature to tell yourself things you dont want to believe to make yourself feel better but please just keep it real. NJA is good for people who are just happy to be flying a jet, or if is the best job someone has ever had then they may think it's good.

as214......the airline jobs aren't what they used to be.....

No matter how you look at it, the fractionals will be doing the majority of the hiring over the next several years. If you want to keep yourself viable for the "Majors" you may have to go to the fractionals untily uo can get hired by a larger carrier.

A person can certainly stay at their Regional job and build time that way or they can move to a fractional. If you never get that call from Jet Blue or Southwest being at a fractional isn't such a bad way to go.

I think you'll have more to show after 5 years or more at a fractional then you might at a regional. Either way, its a personal choice. Having done both, I can say I prefer the fractionals. Many of my collegues here at NetJets feel the same way.

Not everyone is cut out for the fractionals the same way not everyone is cut out to fly scheduled 121.....Both have their Pros and Cons.

DO-82 driver said:
as214......the airline jobs aren't what they used to be.....

No matter how you look at it, the fractionals will be doing the majority of the hiring over the next several years. If you want to keep yourself viable for the "Majors" you may have to go to the fractionals untily uo can get hired by a larger carrier.

A person can certainly stay at their Regional job and build time that way or they can move to a fractional. If you never get that call from Jet Blue or Southwest being at a fractional isn't such a bad way to go.

I think you'll have more to show after 5 years or more at a fractional then you might at a regional. Either way, its a personal choice. Having done both, I can say I prefer the fractionals. Many of my collegues here at NetJets feel the same way.

Not everyone is cut out for the fractionals the same way not everyone is cut out to fly scheduled 121.....Both have their Pros and Cons.

Do, Netjets is definetly better than any regional job no doubt. I still stand behind what I say "Netjets is better than all regionals and worse than almost all Major airlines". But I certainly agree with most of what you say above.

as214 said:
Do, Netjets is definetly better than any regional job no doubt. I still stand behind what I say "Netjets is better than all regionals and worse than almost all Major airlines". But I certainly agree with most of what you say above.

I really would like to know how NetJets is worse than a major? Please help me with my carrer track I seem to be lost.

Last edited:
I guess I'm lost too, hope someone can enlighten me as to why I need to start hating my job?? And why have I had pilots at almost every major approach me about working at Netjets??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back