• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Frontier Still Hiring Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know if the interviews are still happening, but do some research before you jump over. F9 still has an fantastic group of pilots and great schedules/flexibility, but our balance sheet is frightening.

lowlights of the last quarter:

Delayed/canceled upgrade class
Delayed delivery of 320's
Planned loss of $20Million this quarter
100 layoffs at the GO(HQ)
Reduction in flying in Dec of approx. 3%

Lynx is finally up and running, but only after draining $25Million from F9 Holdings. How long will it take for 10 Q400's to generate $25Million? The answer to that question is another question. Why would the company spend $25 million to start a holding company and then start another op certificate? Answer, Lynx will be flying 20+ EMB170/175 by 2010. Just conjecture on my part, but eventually Holdings will feed itself and there will be no more fee for departure agreements with republic, ex jet, horizon, et al. On paper, the lynx abomination isn't such a bad idea, except if you are a frontier pilot hoping to progress up the seniority list.

Frontier is a great place to work, I just hope the "great place" continues to exist.

every year for the past 4-5 years, there are a few months out of the year that the company offers voluntary leaves....usually in jan and feb...and sometimes in late summer...it gives them some flexiblity with schedules and staffing, and they are always voluntary...they usually go very senior as we have quite a few pilots who have seconds gigs going and can use the time off. I wouldn't judge the company or hiring by this.

Latest resources

Back