• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Flight Options Close to Bankruptcy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, since I value your opinion so much I will make sure that I never get comfortable at my job. Furthermore I will make sure that the day I lose my job i personally contact you first so that you, of all people, will have the grandiose oportunity to say those 4 choice words, I Told You So. I am currently staring at my computer screen awaiting your approval.

Listen Junior, people on this forum may have it out for your company, others may simply be stirring the pot and most, unfortunately, just dont have a clue. From an industry perspective this Ricci guy, who is running FLOPS, has a reputation and character perception of someone to, say, not be trusted. If FLOPS suddenly starts delaying or even cancelling orders for airplanes it is only natural that the naysayers will come out of the wood work to voice their opinion. If you would have read some of the prior messages I posted, never did I wish ill will or criticize the pilots at your company. I conveyed my opinion regarding Ricci and nothing further. I happen to have several friends at FLOPS and I wish them nothing but the best.
Next, with regards to NetJets, people are less quick to second guess our descisions about ordering or cancelling aircaft orders. Again this could, in part, be due to the industry image we hold. My saying "I love uncle Warren" was in no way a derrogatory comment towards FLOPS nor some miss guided Freudian slip.
Finally, whether people want to believe it or not the competition between the two companies is healthy. People are obviously going to weigh in either way with their opinion. I am happy people do so.
To sum up my commnet, NO you did not touch a "nerve" and no I did not resort to name calling. "Sally" unfortunately does not fall into what I would catagorize as name calling. I have several others if you would like try them out! I cant believe I just spend 5 good minutes dignifiying a response... its a sad, sad state of affairs in my life.

Deep 676,

I was refering to August 12/13, 2001 when Midway filled for Chapter 11 protection and laid-off 700 employees overnight - before 9/11.

Midway ceased operations in Sept. 12th

DRVSM

Any idea how FO is planning to upgrade their fleet to meet this requirement? Huge issue, especially for the used programs.

Question

To borrow a question from another thread here on the lovely fractionals board...do y'all think that the accidents and lawsuits brought forth therewith have anything to do with Flight Options bad financial situation?

Come on, can't we all just get along?

I am amazed at the genuine glee that some of the pilots here seem to have
when another fractional company seems to have (rumors only) some sort of
financial troubles.
I want ALL of the fractionals to thrive. Why? Simple economics. As long as
pilots are gainfully employed, salaries trend UPWARD. When hiring stagnates,
or the market is pilot glutted (like now) salaries tend to stabilize, or trend downward.
I believe that there is plenty of pie out there...enough to give every fractional
company and their pilots a large slice. So instead to cackling with joy that your
rival may be hitting hard times, perhaps a word of encouragement might be
in order. And remember....the only SURE thing in aviation is that your current
career position in NOT guaranteed.

Dep676 said:
See how much you like "Unlce Warren" when he dumps you guys to the way side. When he can't write it off as a loss anymore. Don't think that he's not either. Why would any buddy keep a company that isn't profitable? Sound like non-sense. Don't think they way too much.

Again nobody cares to chime in why they are so worried about us at Options.

Hey Pistol! Do you mind if I call you Pistol??? Anyway Pistol, Uncle Warren just paid for 112 airplanes in MCO at the NBAA.. That's paid for as in wrote the check.. for 50 g150's with options for 50 and 12 X's... By the way FLOPS is in my prayers...

"That's paid for as in wrote the check.. for 50 g150's with options for 50 and 12 X's... "

Did Unc Warren "pay" for them with a big check that was 6 feet wide? Was Ed McMan by his side? Did you know you can't take one of those big checks to the bank and cash it? If Warren is such a smart business man why would he pay cash when placing on order for aircraft options - not firm orders - and why would he pay for airplanes that are not delivered yet?

"If Warren is such a smart business man why would he pay cash when placing on order for aircraft options - not firm orders - and why would he pay for airplanes that are not delivered yet?"

Maybe because he's smarter than you.

No one in this business pays cash for orders. Standard practice is a minimal deposit followed by progress paymants as delivery nears.

It's not a matter of MAKING Netjets pay up front. The manufacturers need money now just like most other corporations. Uncle Warren has tons of money and is always looking for ways to invest. He subsidizes the manufacturers and will later get his money back (with interest) in the form of deep discounts on the aircraft purchased. Bottom line is Cessna, etc. avoids debt on it's balance sheet and WB avoids taxable income.

P.S. WB doesn't care much about how it's always done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back