Is Flight Options Close to Bankruptcy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong Oh Buck Oh

I will admit to not having visited the site in a few weeks. The last I saw the seniority upated was 8-02, and it still had XRAT pilots who are gone on the list. I suspect that some are still on the list.

Hadn't gotten the news yet about the $40.00, thanks for the update Kenn. Of course I haven't called in for the lastest "message" either. :eek:

Glad to know that we won't be making the same mistake Flex did with the cell phones. Hey when your right you're right, I'll admit it. :D

Safety is not compromised? Can you read a MEL? Some of the birds I would even let Cartman into, for fear it would fall down around his fat a$$. Now they are not all in that bad of shape, but you know as well as I do (if you work for FO) that things are always "getting through the cracks" in the maint. dept.

Now about the Falcon??? :confused:

IronmanDFW

If you do work at Options, why? You obviously don't like it there. I don't think they are making you stay. Again if you actually work there. Are you one of the ExRTA guys that left or were terminated? There are plenty of other guys just waiting to take your spot. As far as the senority list it was updated 9-27. So look again and see if the guys you say are still there.

No job is perfect. Every company in aviation is always in the hole. That is just how this industry works. Just look at the airlines. They never make any money.

Again if you are that unhappy leave. No buddy is forcing you to stay.

You say that FO has started in 23 different states. Where did you get that info from? The only place I have ever seen an address for Options is Cleveland.

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

"Stupid is as Stupid Does"

Dep676 good-looking Glock Auto. I perfer a Ruger or Sig myself. Is that your favorite play toy or pacifier?

FYI - I do work for Opts, LLC. Obviously you don't by the look of things. I didn't every say that I did or didn't like it at FO. I said that I wasn't stupid. Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

As I stated above I haven't looked at the seniority list in a while. How is it that you know what the numbers are? Do you have access or do you work for FO?

You are right - Airlines don't make money, except Southwest. Most companies have problems. So how is it that they always loose money but stay in business year after year?

How is it that if a company has problems you want them to stick their head in the sand? Have you heard of the Tylenol approach? Yep, when the tampering was going on with Tylenol, the manufacturer PUBLICLY said they were pulling it off the shelves (even in places that haven’t had a case of tampering) until the issue was resolved. They admitted there was an issue, publicly announced it, took corrective action and has been a case study in colleges and universities ever since (as to what or how to do the right thing).

My original response was to the original post about FO being in financial trouble. As you state aviation companies by nature are financially unstable.

So why do you want to be a pilot?

BTW what type of kerosene does a BE-10 burn anyway? J

Hey X/2000 driver, don't worry about it. When you start flying for Flight Options you'll be eating all the curry you can handle, so what if its in a King Air.......hey, you have King Air time don't you? Got that going for you!

"If FO is in such bad shape, then why are the buying Cit. X's?"

I hear Swift will continue to own and operate the X's until they are sold to the share owners - technically FO is not buying the X's, just selling them.

Well Ironman I do work for Options. You never answered the question about Options being in 23 different states. Are you an Options original or Ex-RTA?

Maybe I did put words in your mouth about being unhappy. I didn't mean too. From your posts though. It would appear that you aren't very happy about being there. That is just my thought. I guess if liked the place were I worked I wouldn't be posting stuff like that. If you are really unhappy nobody is forcing you to stay.

As far as a BE-10, it burn the same kerosene as any other turbine.

23 States

This information is accessible to anyone. Take the time to lookup (run a National Comprehensive Report) on the company and the leadership on an Internet database. You will learn a lot about the people whom we work for. Ok, you will actually have to spend money for this type of a search.

It has actually been 26 states not 23. Some of the 26 are: IN, OH, KY, NV, IA, CA, TX.

Corporate Wings the Parent of Flight Options was originally started in the State of Texas 5/30/1985. The company filed a PIR (Public Information Record (before an IPO)) on 5/19/1990 with no revisions. The state of Texas Rejected the filing due to TAX/Accounting problems.

The company filed again on 5/17/1993 with revisions. On 2/15/1994 the Secretary of State of Texas DISSOLVED the company due to TAX forfeiture.

12/4/1996 the State of Nevada closed the company for Illegal Activities! Imagine that Nevada closing a company for illegal activities. Nevada??? Oh now how bad was it?

States filed in range from California to Ohio. The companies have been closed or moved for various reasons.

Public record shows on 10/7/1992 there was an Action filed by the state of Ohio against Corporate Wings, Inc. A Partial release and amendment was filed on 8/25/1993, with the termination of the issue on 5/31/1995.

The 2 at the helm of the company have played this scheme in many states. Some of the states shut them down; some have allowed them to move on to other states.
Ohio is just the latest.

Again this is to help you make a better informed decision. Don't believe me. Do your own search, do your own investigation, read the report with a open mind, but be mindful of what is in the report.

Yes they (CW, FO ) have had money problems in the past, and it appears they still do. I will, like many ride this one as long as it lasts. Then on to the next gig..

This does not mean that I don't have a back up plan or company to fly for.

For those nay Sayers that say then "go and don't let the door hit, yada, yada." Better people than you have told me this non sence.

Do your own independent investigation, make your own decision.

Heard of many planes, not a BE-10. Is that a KA 100?

I met a guy last week that told me Flight Options is starting to take back (or is it buy back) more aircraft fractions than it's sellling- Is that true? He said that sales really stink right now. I know times are hard for everyone, but it was a surprise for me that so many people were looking to get out of doing business with Flight Options.

My heart goes out to those pilots- I've been there. I hope things get better fast!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back