• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Flight Options Close to Bankruptcy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ever hesrd of a "Most Favored Nations" agreement? I know the Cessna system pretty well when it comes to the frax business.

Make all the jokes, cracks and wize comments you want. There is a reason WB bought into NetJets and there is certainly a reason why WB is one of the richest, most succesfull men in the world. Personally it makes me sleep a little better knowing that he is part of my company.

How did this thread get so off topic - I thought we were talking about FLOPS??

I don't think anyone is implying that Buffett/NJ is in any type of financial difficulty, certainly not me.

I find this subject of interest. My company is having trouble collecting charter fees from Flight Options, LLC. The problem began early this year when the standard 30 day pay became a 60 day pay. Today I called about past due bills. I was promised a check this week, but Christine told me that Flight Options was unable to send out any checks this week, and that they would not promise any payments until November 6th.

:D Hey Hawker Captian, I am not crying in my beer. Just sharing an experience. That is why I found this topic of interest.

give me more information

so I can look into this more. As an employee I'm interested in finding out if this is true. I may be able to find out more for all of us.

I can give Hawker Captian some information. The person at Flight Options is Christine and she works in the accounts payable department. You can ask her if the Company is behind in it's obligations. At the end of the day there is not much an employee can do about this situation.

Some of you that feel the current economic times dictate this type of fiscal management. I will disagree. Many companies have been forced to lay off good employees and forego improvements to meet our financial obligations. The slow down started in 2000, and I fear it will be with us for a few more years.

Good luck.

Trying to raise money

It's no secret FO is trying to raise $100 million in additional capital from "a major Wall Street firm". If they didn't need the money, I doubt they would go the the trouble to bring in an additional investor and dilute the existing shareholders equity.

Big question is - what if they don't raise the money, will Raytheon step in with additional funding? Rumor around Wichita is this is happening already.

I was in CGF last week, the word around is that they want to replace the challengers with G4's. Takes major money to do things like this. 100 million does not go very far in the aircraft world these days. I've been hearing ever sense I've been flying for Flight Options about money problems. But I have not seen money problems. We have gotten pay raises, new aircraft's, G4's, Citation X's, seen a very successful merger with TA, and 4 maintenance bases go up, major$$ i'm sure to put these things together. They are even repainting all the TA birds with Options colors. I think a hawker costs 30,000 to paint, so if they were having money problems the last thing the would be doing is repainting airplanes. Think about it!

Hearing is nonsence, seeing is everything!

Latest resources

Back