• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is First Officer IOE actually SIC time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What about when I step out of the cockpit and Im on the $hitter....? Does that count towards my flight time? Or does the flight attendant log that?

Spinplate said:
What about when I step out of the cockpit and Im on the $hitter....? Does that count towards my flight time? Or does the flight attendant log that?

That one's easy. You log PIC (PILOT IN the CAN)

Who cares...

The only time it will matter is if you get fired during or shortly after IOE. Then you should worry about how to log it. Otherwise it is only going to be a very small part of your SIC time.

Fly what you want. Log what you need.

This applies to PIC time as well. I heard that where I work they preach that you
should not log it. BS!

When you go for an interview, they are going to want your PIC+SIC+Dual received=Total time. You can't be anything two of those at the same time.

During IOE you would log SIC as an FO. Keep in mind that your check-airman may not have a current CFI or may never have had a CFI, so they would be unable to provide traditional "dual received". Instruction in air-transportation ops may be provided as an ATP, and certainly as a current check airman. Bottom line...it doesn't matter, just log it as SIC, you're a required crewmember and not a PIC, so that leaves......SIC.

TinGoose1 said:
When you go for an interview, they are going to want your PIC+SIC+Dual received=Total time. You can't be anything two of those at the same time.
Not always true. Outside the airline world anyways. Just for example when someone does instrument training as a PVT pilot, they can log PIC and Dual recvd.

Latest resources

Back