Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Baja.....

Well said.....

Jam-Bro probably just needs to justify his Blockholder OT flying pickups while you were out....nevermind him....Us Southies will make his life a living hell......

Only thing I disagree with.....NWA training much better....and laid back....big picture, not peachtree city show-me-you-know-how-to-fly BS

Bill

If you agree with this moron, there is something wrong with you too... When NWA furloughed pilots in '02, we voted to continue paying the furloughed pilots medical through assessments. Pretty hard times for everyone, but we did it for them. To hear him say that NWA ALPA screwed him, upsets me. NWA ALPA is a reflection of me. We did the right thing. Would it upset you if you did the same for your furloughed pilots and all they could say is that DALPA somehow screwed them over?
BTW, all the Delta south guys I have run into are stand up dudes and not out to make anyones life hell....

Just heard the same thing down in a building in ATL. Yup, 747's coming. Need around 5-6 hundred bodies for them, hiring for them to start in January. fwiw, from above a chief and that's all i will say. maybe he is spreading cool aid who knows but that is what he said.

Just heard the same thing down in a building in ATL. Yup, 747's coming. Need around 5-6 hundred bodies for them, hiring for them to start in January. fwiw, from above a chief and that's all i will say. maybe he is spreading cool aid who knows but that is what he said.

I still say it will never happen.

Need around 5-6 hundred bodies for them, hiring for them to start in January.
Sounds like 2011 summer flying increases. That many bodies would be quite a few more airframes. Hope it is true. Maybe they are VERY cheap as part of the 787 delays.

I will just state that Monster has good data.

As far as I am aware (some say I am never aware!) the execute button has not been hit yet.

I assume if things are to transpire they will after the CPS flow issue is resolved and or taed. I would hope to see resolution on that in a little bit.

It has been awfully quiet.

There has always been talk of hiring 600+ in 2011, but I truly believe it all depends on the economy. No need to pay for metal if we cannot make a profit at it. DAL is in the business of used metal.

Monster Buck sending a PM

Last edited:
Don't know if DAL will get more Whales. Don't know if DAL will hire a bunch of people. Don't know where folks are getting the coin to travel.

What I DO know is that Hartsfield was friggin' packed yesterday and they were begging volunteers off my flight. Got a sick feeling that the other economic shoe is going to drop early next year but in the meantime, keep flying boys.

Latest resources

Back