Is Delta CASS approved yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tgz2 said:
Are there any plans to take as many j/s'ers as there are empty seats? I've heard that you all have been going round and round on that....just wondering if there was anything new on that subject.

Thanks

Right now we are only doing that with Southwest. I think each company has to agree with Delta with some sort of an agreement. We were also trying to do that with AA, but they pulled out of the discussions I believe. I wish it was like that with everyone. Right now we are just trying to get the CASS stuff worked out, and maybe then we can work on more unlimited jumps.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Flying Freddie said:
I will take anyone on my J/S who is in CASS. I even carry a pass and will give it to a pilot who is not on the list. I will even take Ty and the General when they show up. I want to also thank all those who have gone out of their way to make sure I had a seat.

That's a great attitude, Freddie. I wish more of us were this accomodating to off-line jumpseaters. It certainly is appreciated.

We've been on CASS for a few months now but it's been mostly us and Astar exchanging rides to/from home. I haven't seen any non-Astar off-line jumpseaters yet. Pre-9/11 we had a number of pilots who commuted on us regularly to avoid the hassle of the passenger terminals. One was a guy living in HSV based in PHX with AWA. Another was a BOS based AAL F/O though I've forgotten where he lived. MSY maybe?

If you know J.T., tell him that his friend from KFLI said hi. :)

Comair to CASS????

w/ Comair being a delta wholly owned will Comair go on CASS when Delta gets it??? anyone know....

They may, or may not. Each airline must be accepted into CASS individually. Code share's are not included automatically.

General Lee said:
Well, thanks Freddie. I am sure most of the DL Captains will absolutely allow you to jumpseat to wonderful cities Jetblue doesn't serve yet, like Honolulu or Munich. Our CASS system should be up and running by AUG 11th. We can't wait for you guys to take advantage of it. We are adding Antigua on Dec 18th supposedly from ATL 2 days a week on the 738, so maybe you could try it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Antigua. Great. Detroit with palm trees.

suen1843 said:
Antigua. Great. Detroit with palm trees.

We also go to St Lucia, St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Martaen, Aruba, San Juan, Providenciales, Nassau, Cozumel, Belize City, Liberia, San Jose CR, and Cancun. Take your pick. And, we go to DTW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

dispatcher121 said:
Correct. In order to utilize CASS, your company will still be required to have a reciprocal jumpseat agreement with the carrier for which your are intending to travel.

I think we've just dropped our reciprocal agreement requirement and will now take any CASS qualified crewmember who can be verified through the system.

Latest resources

Back