Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dogwood

All,

A Delta pilot approached me yesterday and asked why he was denied a JetBlue cockpit jumpseat, and had to ride on the FA jumpseat.

My reply was to ask if they were CASS approved or not. He said they were, but our system didn't show that it was. I looked as well, and indeed Delta is not listed.

If any Delta pilots here can confirm that Delta is now CASS approved, I'll contact our people to see what the status is.

I know this is the interview part of this site, and this is not interview related, but I usually don't visit the other areas.

Let me know,

DW

Last edited:
We are not CASS approved yet. The program is in progress and will be implemented no later then August 11.

This pilot was mistaken.

FlyingSig said:
We are not CASS approved yet. The program is in progress and will be implemented no later then August 11.

This pilot was mistaken.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

DW

That Delta pilot needs to pull his head out of his a$$. He should know that we haven't gotten CASS yet. Come on. I think it was nice if he got the Jetblue FA jumpseat. That was nice.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
That Delta pilot needs to pull his head out of his a$$. He should know that we haven't gotten CASS yet. Come on. I think it was nice if he got the Jetblue FA jumpseat. That was nice.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Believe it or not he was upset because he had to ride on the FA jumpseat.

Told me we needed to keep up with who is CASS approved. He was wearing 1/2 of a Delta uniform, so he was lucky to ride anywhere in my opinion.

Dogwood said:
Believe it or not he was upset because he had to ride on the FA jumpseat.

Told me we needed to keep up with who is CASS approved. He was wearing 1/2 of a Delta uniform, so he was lucky to ride anywhere in my opinion.

You should have told him to shove it. The jumpseat is not a right. There are guys like that at every airline, though. Thanks for giving him the FA seat, we can't do that at DL anyway. We are working on the CASS, and as stated it should be underway by Aug 11. Thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hi!

We are looking into CASS.

This is the main point of misunderstanding.

Some people think that if you are not in CASS you will either:
Not be allowed to fly AT ALL on any CASS airlines, or
Not be allowed to fly AT ALL on ANY airline.

Some people think that the only benefit of CASS is that if you are in CASS you will be able to ride in the actual jumpseat of any CASS airline IF you are also on the list to jumpseat with them.

In other words, once CASS is working systemwide, will the jumpseat lists matter? If I'm not on a jumpseat list, but I'm CASS, and the other airline is CASS, will I be allowed to fly on that airline?

I asked 4 NWA captains, and they said that CASS doesn't matter if you're not on the JS list. If you're not on the list, you won't get on a NWA aircraft.

Thanks for the info!

Cliff
HKS

I will take anyone on my J/S who is in CASS. I even carry a pass and will give it to a pilot who is not on the list. I will even take Ty and the General when they show up. I want to also thank all those who have gone out of their way to make sure I had a seat.

Flying Freddie said:
I will take anyone on my J/S who is in CASS. I even carry a pass and will give it to a pilot who is not on the list. I will even take Ty and the General when they show up. I want to also thank all those who have gone out of their way to make sure I had a seat.

Well, thanks Freddie. I am sure most of the DL Captains will absolutely allow you to jumpseat to wonderful cities Jetblue doesn't serve yet, like Honolulu or Munich. Our CASS system should be up and running by AUG 11th. We can't wait for you guys to take advantage of it. We are adding Antigua on Dec 18th supposedly from ATL 2 days a week on the 738, so maybe you could try it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Are there any plans to take as many j/s'ers as there are empty seats? I've heard that you all have been going round and round on that....just wondering if there was anything new on that subject.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back