Is Delta CASS approved yet?

Dogwood

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Posts
346
Total Time
18,000
All,

A Delta pilot approached me yesterday and asked why he was denied a JetBlue cockpit jumpseat, and had to ride on the FA jumpseat.

My reply was to ask if they were CASS approved or not. He said they were, but our system didn't show that it was. I looked as well, and indeed Delta is not listed.

If any Delta pilots here can confirm that Delta is now CASS approved, I'll contact our people to see what the status is.

I know this is the interview part of this site, and this is not interview related, but I usually don't visit the other areas.

Let me know,

DW
 
Last edited:

FlyingSig

Double Breasted _ _ _
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Posts
560
Total Time
7000+
We are not CASS approved yet. The program is in progress and will be implemented no later then August 11.

This pilot was mistaken.
 

Dogwood

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Posts
346
Total Time
18,000
FlyingSig said:
We are not CASS approved yet. The program is in progress and will be implemented no later then August 11.

This pilot was mistaken.
Thanks. That's what I thought.

DW
 

General Lee

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 24, 2002
Posts
20,442
Total Time
A lot
That Delta pilot needs to pull his head out of his a$$. He should know that we haven't gotten CASS yet. Come on. I think it was nice if he got the Jetblue FA jumpseat. That was nice.



Bye Bye--General Lee
 

Dogwood

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Posts
346
Total Time
18,000
General Lee said:
That Delta pilot needs to pull his head out of his a$$. He should know that we haven't gotten CASS yet. Come on. I think it was nice if he got the Jetblue FA jumpseat. That was nice.



Bye Bye--General Lee
Believe it or not he was upset because he had to ride on the FA jumpseat.

Told me we needed to keep up with who is CASS approved. He was wearing 1/2 of a Delta uniform, so he was lucky to ride anywhere in my opinion.
 

General Lee

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 24, 2002
Posts
20,442
Total Time
A lot
Dogwood said:
Believe it or not he was upset because he had to ride on the FA jumpseat.

Told me we needed to keep up with who is CASS approved. He was wearing 1/2 of a Delta uniform, so he was lucky to ride anywhere in my opinion.
You should have told him to shove it. The jumpseat is not a right. There are guys like that at every airline, though. Thanks for giving him the FA seat, we can't do that at DL anyway. We are working on the CASS, and as stated it should be underway by Aug 11. Thanks.


Bye Bye--General Lee
 

atpcliff

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
4,260
Total Time
6000
Hi!

We are looking into CASS.

This is the main point of misunderstanding.

Some people think that if you are not in CASS you will either:
Not be allowed to fly AT ALL on any CASS airlines, or
Not be allowed to fly AT ALL on ANY airline.

Some people think that the only benefit of CASS is that if you are in CASS you will be able to ride in the actual jumpseat of any CASS airline IF you are also on the list to jumpseat with them.

In other words, once CASS is working systemwide, will the jumpseat lists matter? If I'm not on a jumpseat list, but I'm CASS, and the other airline is CASS, will I be allowed to fly on that airline?

I asked 4 NWA captains, and they said that CASS doesn't matter if you're not on the JS list. If you're not on the list, you won't get on a NWA aircraft.

Thanks for the info!

Cliff
HKS
 

Flying Freddie

Bitchin' Blue
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Posts
345
Total Time
23042
I will take anyone on my J/S who is in CASS. I even carry a pass and will give it to a pilot who is not on the list. I will even take Ty and the General when they show up. I want to also thank all those who have gone out of their way to make sure I had a seat.
 

General Lee

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 24, 2002
Posts
20,442
Total Time
A lot
Flying Freddie said:
I will take anyone on my J/S who is in CASS. I even carry a pass and will give it to a pilot who is not on the list. I will even take Ty and the General when they show up. I want to also thank all those who have gone out of their way to make sure I had a seat.
Well, thanks Freddie. I am sure most of the DL Captains will absolutely allow you to jumpseat to wonderful cities Jetblue doesn't serve yet, like Honolulu or Munich. Our CASS system should be up and running by AUG 11th. We can't wait for you guys to take advantage of it. We are adding Antigua on Dec 18th supposedly from ATL 2 days a week on the 738, so maybe you could try it.

Bye Bye--General Lee
 

tgz2

Member
Joined
May 10, 2005
Posts
20
Total Time
1500..
Are there any plans to take as many j/s'ers as there are empty seats? I've heard that you all have been going round and round on that....just wondering if there was anything new on that subject.

Thanks
 

General Lee

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 24, 2002
Posts
20,442
Total Time
A lot
tgz2 said:
Are there any plans to take as many j/s'ers as there are empty seats? I've heard that you all have been going round and round on that....just wondering if there was anything new on that subject.

Thanks
Right now we are only doing that with Southwest. I think each company has to agree with Delta with some sort of an agreement. We were also trying to do that with AA, but they pulled out of the discussions I believe. I wish it was like that with everyone. Right now we are just trying to get the CASS stuff worked out, and maybe then we can work on more unlimited jumps.


Bye Bye--General Lee
 

LarryinTN

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Posts
727
Total Time
9500
Flying Freddie said:
I will take anyone on my J/S who is in CASS. I even carry a pass and will give it to a pilot who is not on the list. I will even take Ty and the General when they show up. I want to also thank all those who have gone out of their way to make sure I had a seat.
That's a great attitude, Freddie. I wish more of us were this accomodating to off-line jumpseaters. It certainly is appreciated.

We've been on CASS for a few months now but it's been mostly us and Astar exchanging rides to/from home. I haven't seen any non-Astar off-line jumpseaters yet. Pre-9/11 we had a number of pilots who commuted on us regularly to avoid the hassle of the passenger terminals. One was a guy living in HSV based in PHX with AWA. Another was a BOS based AAL F/O though I've forgotten where he lived. MSY maybe?

If you know J.T., tell him that his friend from KFLI said hi. :)
 

tailhookah

Just be the ball, Danny..
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Posts
278
Total Time
10000+
Comair to CASS????

w/ Comair being a delta wholly owned will Comair go on CASS when Delta gets it??? anyone know....
 

LarryinTN

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Posts
727
Total Time
9500
They may, or may not. Each airline must be accepted into CASS individually. Code share's are not included automatically.
 

suen1843

Confused Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2002
Posts
101
Total Time
100+
General Lee said:
Well, thanks Freddie. I am sure most of the DL Captains will absolutely allow you to jumpseat to wonderful cities Jetblue doesn't serve yet, like Honolulu or Munich. Our CASS system should be up and running by AUG 11th. We can't wait for you guys to take advantage of it. We are adding Antigua on Dec 18th supposedly from ATL 2 days a week on the 738, so maybe you could try it.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Antigua. Great. Detroit with palm trees.
 

General Lee

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 24, 2002
Posts
20,442
Total Time
A lot
suen1843 said:
Antigua. Great. Detroit with palm trees.
We also go to St Lucia, St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Martaen, Aruba, San Juan, Providenciales, Nassau, Cozumel, Belize City, Liberia, San Jose CR, and Cancun. Take your pick. And, we go to DTW.


Bye Bye--General Lee
 

LarryinTN

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Posts
727
Total Time
9500
dispatcher121 said:
Correct. In order to utilize CASS, your company will still be required to have a reciprocal jumpseat agreement with the carrier for which your are intending to travel.
I think we've just dropped our reciprocal agreement requirement and will now take any CASS qualified crewmember who can be verified through the system.
 
Top