Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah Wave,

What did your parents shell out for your type rating?? Just askin'

Zero- I've been a grown man for a while.
Let me qualify my above statements: senior DALPA pilots are worldclass sellouts-
Hopefully the new blood that seems to get it will not be corrupted by the pull the ladder up crowd at the top

Is it true that during training you have to pay for your own hotel? So, in essence you are paying part of the training costs that most airlines cover.To me it sounds like Delta makes you pay part of your training cost.

M

Wait a second. This post coming from a guy who works for Gulfstream Academy?
Wow!

It is sad how we have allowed our career to be eroded and disrespected here in the U.S. not even in third world countries and very small outfits worldwide companies would even dream of not providing you with accommodation and transportation during training, but the saddest of all is that some of you are even defending this practice as "business as usual" the industry has exploited 9/11 and the economic downturn so masterfully and for so many years that a new generation of pilots have grown into believing that this is the norm. By some of the responses justifying these practices here I have to say "bravo to management" you have over the years perfected the art of koolaid making

World's longest sentence?:D

Well said.

Or like the United plan..pay for your own hotel during the ENTIRE training event!

OR, the Southwest plan and pay for your entire type rating before you can start class....unless you had it before or the military card you play.

Each airline has something it seems, not bashing the Southwest thing at all...if you have to "buy" the type to get someone to hire you then at least you have that option. :laugh:

Last edited:
Lets be honest, that's not saying a whole lot. That MMPI test is BS, and plenty of good people have been washed out because of it.

The 07-08 round it seemed to work just fine.

The test "range" was apparently tweaked this last round, causing a couple good guys that we both know to get nuked.

The head of hiring has since been replaced.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back