• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Colgan toast?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did Colgan recently change their requirements, or has it always been listed as 1000 hrs total?

Colgan's total time requirement changes with supply and demand. Early 2008 and late 2007 when everyone was hiring Colgan's minimums were 300/50.

perfect reason for pinchanickle and depressjet to merge. They both would benefit from this since sheputtle and sky pest are bigger than both PNCL and XJT. RAH and SKYW have a future plan unlike depressjet.

This will be the impetus for Colgan to be fully merged with Pinnacle. PCL ALPA will get their wish of one list/one company, although a tragic crash was not the best way for it to happen.

You're the first I've seen to actually mention Pinnacle in this. I'm curious as to how many lawyers will have suit filed against Pinnacle also, since they're the holding company, and have had numerous accidents and incidents due to stupidity in the past.

When will the FAA finally crack down hard on Pinnacle? Yes, the Colgan accident belongs to Colgan, however, just as Skywest has a hand in ASA, Pinnacle has a hand in Colgan and is just as responsible.

Stick pusher training is not part of any program I have seen. I've had it demoed for me in the sim because I wanted to see what it looked like, but not a part of required training.

A rather prescient bit of "show me this," huh?

The upgrade program at PDT doesn't include it... because the -100 sim in CLT doesn't have a pusher. However, when we were going gangbusters and renting sim time elsewhere, if the sim was a -300 (SEA), you saw a fluke push (not due to a stall). From the folks who saw it, it was a mad scramble to hang on and remember where that danged shutoff switch was.

Every one of them had the same initial reaction.... and take a wild guess what that was.

A rather prescient bit of "show me this," huh?

The upgrade program at PDT doesn't include it... because the -100 sim in CLT doesn't have a pusher. However, when we were going gangbusters and renting sim time elsewhere, if the sim was a -300 (SEA), you saw a fluke push (not due to a stall). From the folks who saw it, it was a mad scramble to hang on and remember where that danged shutoff switch was.

Every one of them had the same initial reaction.... and take a wild guess what that was.

Well put Sig. It is about muscle memory in cases like that. I would be hard pressed to find the S/O switch as little as I fly the 300. This really ought to be trained.

FYI... 2 airlines, 3 airplanes with pushers. I have never trained a pusher event.

Well, Colgan has hull/liability through Delta's aircraft insurance co. Suits will probably be made against CO, FAA, Bombardier, Flight Safety, the Pilots estates, New York Port Authority, Buffalo Airport Authority, Alaska/Fedex/Ups (all mentioned in the CVR), the manufacturer of the stick shaker, pusher, ice itself, ALPA, Allah, Yahweh, Dali Lama, God, etc.

Sounds like you have a good future in suing the planet.

Yes Erlanger dude, they can be sued!!
It has happened before!!

Yes,Colgan probably is toast!!!

And the sky is falling! Global warming! Everybody panic! Sheesh.

Latest resources

Back