• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is CMR transferring flying to ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will answer his question for you. Enjoy flying for food stamps for the rest of your life and living in an apartment with 5 other people while you Captain the 'heavy 70 iron'.

Oh, and one day perhaps by default or because some other carrier is cutting the legs out from under you, you too can see your company shrink into irrelevance and fly 3hr pay credit days with long layovers where you don't have the money to buy yourself dinner.

Instead of hurrying up and coming up with some sort of smart-ass response try thinking about things.

Anyone who makes captain wages and needs an apartment with food stamps and 5 room mates really needs to see a financial advisor.

Anyone who makes captain wages and needs an apartment with food stamps and 5 room mates really needs to see a financial advisor.

I believe he is reffering to what will happen if tools like you keep swigging the Koolaid. It doesn't surprise me that you didn't understand him though.:uzi:

I believe he is reffering to what will happen if tools like you keep swigging the Koolaid. It doesn't surprise me that you didn't understand him though.:uzi:

Last time I checked captains have not taken a paycut at SkyWest. Last time I checked making $70,000+ per year while not the most luxurious lifestyle is definately livable. That example given was simply false. It would take years for inflation to go up that far before you needed food stamps. It was simply another misinformed statement about SkyWest. Perhaps that could happen in 20 years. In 20 years this will be a different industry and we will be making more money. They are having a hard time filling classes at most places. Wages will have to go up eventually as supply falls. Basically the person was trying to make things seem worse than they really are. I suggest he see a financial advisor immediately to see how expenses work.

atlcrashpad cracks me up. He may not be an english major, but he's usually right on the money......booouuuyyyyy!!!!!

Last time I checked captains have not taken a paycut at SkyWest. Last time I checked making $70,000+ per year while not the most luxurious lifestyle is definately livable. That example given was simply false. It would take years for inflation to go up that far before you needed food stamps. It was simply another misinformed statement about SkyWest. Perhaps that could happen in 20 years. In 20 years this will be a different industry and we will be making more money. They are having a hard time filling classes at most places. Wages will have to go up eventually as supply falls. Basically the person was trying to make things seem worse than they really are. I suggest he see a financial advisor immediately to see how expenses work.
So lets put this theory to the test shall we. ASA's current contract was negotiated in 1998, nine years ago for the mathmatically challenged. At the average of 3.0% inflation per year, that is a 27% increase in the cost of living. Now because of airlines such as yourself, and Mesa, ASA mgmt. is wanting to give us a 2% raise on the 200, and nothing on the 700 at DOS. So, at that rate and figuring a min of three years on top of a five year contract how long will it take us at ASA to make slightly above min wage? I'm guessing just one more contract. So shut your pie hole, grow a pair, sign in ALPA and negotiate a real contract. Pu$$y!!!

Last time I checked captains have not taken a paycut at SkyWest. Last time I checked making $70,000+ per year while not the most luxurious lifestyle is definately livable.

....In 20 years this will be a different industry and we will be making more money. They are having a hard time filling classes at most places. Wages will have to go up eventually as supply falls.

I suggest he see a financial advisor immediately to see how expenses work.
You putz - $70,000 a year is less than $50,000 a year when Bush took office. Can you eat, sure. Can you purchase a home and stick away a little for the retirement? Heck no!

Should a Captain, flying jets international be able to afford a median priced home?

Wages might go up for new hires, who are now paid the equavlent of $10,000 a year when I started this business. But on the top end we earn what we negotiate.

I suggest you go see a financial advisor and learn why the US Dollar is losing ground to the Philippine Peso. Maybe your savings from your previous career, or your trust fund have distorted your perspective - but in the age of alter ego replacement pilots Captains can no longer afford to have homes.

Frank Lorenzo shocked the World when he made the statement that Flight Attendants might not need to get paid enough to afford their own homes. These days we have given up on Flight Attendants and First Officers; owning a home is now becoming questionable for Captains.

Marrying well, a trust fund, or a good side job have become requirements of our "Profession." What a shame. But hey, if Flamebait was a virtue, you would be a God.

So lets put this theory to the test shall we. ASA's current contract was negotiated in 1998, nine years ago for the mathmatically challenged. At the average of 3.0% inflation per year, that is a 27% increase in the cost of living. Now because of airlines such as yourself, and Mesa, ASA mgmt. is wanting to give us a 2% raise on the 200, and nothing on the 700 at DOS. So, at that rate and figuring a min of three years on top of a five year contract how long will it take us at ASA to make slightly above min wage? I'm guessing just one more contract. So shut your pie hole, grow a pair, sign in ALPA and negotiate a real contract. Pu$$y!!!

No thanks on ALPA but feel free to get the best deal you can. Trust me everyone is rooting for you guys. We just aren't sure if the market can bear it quite yet. Sooner or later the applicant pool will dry up and there will be no choice but to give everyone a raise. The number of student pilot/private pilot certificates has gone down dramatically. Eventually supply and demand will be in our favor. Have patience and all can be rewarded without needing a union. In the end I believe reason will win at SkyWest and we can put yet another drive behind us. I am sure ALPA is already gearing up for another union drive if this one fails. The union drive talk never seems to end here unfortunately. There are much more important things to talk about than a union like when is the next tee time.

.... Trust me everyone is rooting for you guys. We just aren't sure if the market can bear it quite yet. ....

And yet there are SKYW folks on this board crowing about their W2's. They are not flying more hours than us, they just get paid better. How does the market bear that?

No thanks on ALPA but feel free to get the best deal you can. Trust me everyone is rooting for you guys. We just aren't sure if the market can bear it quite yet. Sooner or later the applicant pool will dry up and there will be no choice but to give everyone a raise. The number of student pilot/private pilot certificates has gone down dramatically. Eventually supply and demand will be in our favor. Have patience and all can be rewarded without needing a union. In the end I believe reason will win at SkyWest and we can put yet another drive behind us. I am sure ALPA is already gearing up for another union drive if this one fails. The union drive talk never seems to end here unfortunately. There are much more important things to talk about than a union like when is the next tee time.

This guy is the biggest idiot that has ever posted here. Yeah right supply and demand. You are so Full of $hitt. With scumb bag groups like skywest the wages will never go up they will just continue to fall. Because sooner or later skywest guys will fly for free. But that is ok because daddys trust fund will support their famlies and allow them to do what they love. I hate skywest

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back