Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Caveman

Grandpa
A flight attendant friend of mine just told me that within the past couple of days when she and the rest of the crew reported for their flight at an outstation they were told there had been a change. Instead of it being a CMR flight it would now be operated by ASA. This happened to her personally. To make matters worse screw scheduling didn't try to notify any of them about what was going on. She checked the rest of her schedule for the month and there is at least one other time where this will occur and CMR hasn't said squat to her about it. They just sent them on their trip without telling them about the change. She also told me that she has heard it has happened to other crews too.

No flame bait and this has nothing to do with ASA crews. Anybody know whats going on or has had a similar experience?

A flight attendant friend of mine just told me that within the past couple of days when she and the rest of the crew reported for their flight at an outstation they were told there had been a change. Instead of it being a CMR flight it would now be operated by ASA. This happened to her personally. To make matters worse screw scheduling didn't try to notify any of them about what was going on. She checked the rest of her schedule for the month and there is at least one other time where this will occur and CMR hasn't said squat to her about it. They just sent them on their trip without telling them about the change. She also told me that she has heard it has happened to other crews too.

No flame bait and this has nothing to do with ASA crews. Anybody know whats going on or has had a similar experience?

The transfer of the 70's we lost just kind of happened over night we are all payed protected on the trips this month at OH. It seems that they just decided one night it was time to have ASA start flying the routes hoping to put pressure on us but who cares rather not have a job than work for the contract they have offered us.

I have noticed quite a few ASA CRJ200s in CVG lately as well, usually occuppying one wing in Terminal C with a half dozen airplanes parked there. Just an observation.

JvW

Yes, the transfer of the 12 700's to ASA/Skywest will happen rather quickly. I read somewhere a note from Skywest's VP of Maintenance that they have been working on a way to expedite the transfers. Apparently the 4 700's that were transferred from ASA to SKW took took too long and cost too much.

Meanwhile, management at ASA has put out a memo stating that they are not prepared for the rapid increase in flying, the next few months will be very difficult for all of us (5 day trips, etc.), and could we please help them out by volunteering to delay our vacations? Yeah, right!!!

please help them out by volunteering to delay our vacations? Yeah, right!!!

Maybe if ASA offers triple pay for my vacation I might consider it. Nahhhh, let 'em suck it up. No contract without a raise and back pay, no give back of vacation for me!

Strike ASA!
Don't pick-up open time either!

I guess if ASA "steals" comairs flying its all right because they are part of ALPA and pay their dues. Apparently paying dues and being ALPA entitles you to "steal" other peoples flying. If your not union I guess you are a scab... Oh the hypocrisy

I guess if ASA "steals" comairs flying its all right because they are part of ALPA and pay their dues. Apparently paying dues and being ALPA entitles you to "steal" other peoples flying. If your not union I guess you are a scab... Oh the hypocrisy
dude. you finally get it. congrats. Now STFU.

Latest resources

Back