Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is being a pilot at a regional like being Tom Cruise in Top Gun?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airludy

That must be what its like....I mean everyone is willing to work for beans there must be something great about it.

Let us know when you get that great-paying entry-level job. I'm sure you'll find it, since you are apparently superior to the rest of us.

A friend of mine just got a job flying a citation excel. He has about 1800 hours. Started him at 45K

airludy said:
A friend of mine just got a job flying a citation excel. He has about 1800 hours. Started him at 45K

Good for him. Do you work at a regional? How do you know what it is like? Does he have 401K, Per Diem, premium pay, junior assignment pay, rescheduling pay, union protection, seniority list, pass benefits etc etc.......

I flew a King Air for a corporation for $45k/year. Left to fly for a regional. Good move.

airludy said:

I used to fly a Citation for about the same amount of money as your friend. Was there for almost 4 years actually. I was also quite abused for that 45k, so I left there for a job at a reputable regional carrier making half as much money. I couldn't be happier with my decision....at least now I am able to enjoy my life without all of the headaches that were associated with my last job. Its all about perspective.

airludy said:
That must be what its like....I mean everyone is willing to work for beans there must be something great about it.
I think Airludy has something in his/her closet that he is not saying. Did you wash out somewhere or is it something else that suddenly made you hate the airline industry. I think you are hiding something....Common let us in on your dark secret! Did you not know the pay of a regional pilot before starting into aviation? If you didn't then you didn't do your research and its your bad. But why dis the others dont you have better things to do like find a different career.

Latest resources

Back