Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is ALPA Really Going To Allow This To Happen At UAL??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"United's pilots have the contractual right to handle its flying. But one exception to this rule, negotiated during United's three-year bankruptcy, applies to joint ventures formed by United and Star Alliance partners, such as Aer Lingus."

They stupidly and short-sightedly did this to themselves. Just like the ALPO US Steel unyun "leaders" did to their pilot group. How do you strike over an issue that you agreed to? They made their bed, and now they have to lie in the wet spot.

I am not going to even address the harm that this does to the profession. That is not worth debating, as we can all agree on that at least.

This is not ALPO national's fault. This is the fault of the UAL unyun elected leaders. Don't get mad, go to school and educate yourself. Then preach to the masses, lead your pilot group out of the desert, STOP EATING YOUR YOUNG, AND BURNING YOUR GUNPOWDER TO KEEP WARM!

Fuktards and thiefs have and will always ride off into the sunset with a smug grin.

I say its time for the big guns.

SOS. All alpa carriers and support for non-alpa carriers who wish to jump on the bandwagon.

If this is not a reason for SOS then nothing is.

I agree, but ALPA is feeling the sting of the UAL v. ALPA lawsuit, and that means an SOS will never happen. By the time we get to a strike vote at UAL, AMR, or any other legacy, the cat will be out of the bag and over the pond. Either way though, GGG.

<<<
Of course they will let it happen.

Their bag of tricks only consists of giant blow-up rats and "catchy" slogans.>>>

You got that right! Prater ran on a campaign of "taking it back". He--, I'm MUCH worse off now that I was then. He - and ALPA - haven't taken ANYTHING back!!!

ALPA couldn't stop a dog from pi$$ing on a fire hydrant.

PIC on the A330, in sunny Spain? Sign me up! I like the idea of a fresh start-up....the type of operation that doesn't need union interference.

"Is ALPA Really Going To Allow This To Happen At UAL?? "

He!! alpa probably suggested it and is in bed to make $$ from it somehow.

Apparently it's not the same UAL that my godfather went on strike against. It's too bad. Maybe they'll find some rage and stick it to UAL in the end. One can only hope.

Don't worry the folks at Tranny think ALPA has such GREAT RESOURCES ????

I have said when the pilots want a contract they will start controlling the throttles better and fly safe.

ALPA will not produce ANYTHING !!! Most Alpa pilots hate ALPA !!

Don't worry the folks at Tranny think ALPA has such GREAT RESOURCES ????

I have said when the pilots want a contract they will start controlling the throttles better and fly safe.

ALPA will not produce ANYTHING !!! Most Alpa pilots hate ALPA !!

WRONG, alpa will Always 'produce' more Money for alpa!!!! Now, airtran pilots will make their contribution to the Woerth, Prater, etc. Pension Plan!!

The only thing that Prater is 'taking back' is MONEY, dues money from other pilots.

PD

Wow... the self defeatist and whiners are in abundance.....

Recall the UAL pilots in 1985 successfully struck and won. They've done it, and can do it again.

More importantly, all the cry babies on this thread have one thing in common....

"What is ALPA going to do?"

"ALPA had better...."

"If ALPA doesn't, then we are all screwed"

No one.... has stated.... "when and where do we strike. Count me in. I am solid, unified and ready to fight for my career"

Time to man up.......

With threats like this are excellent opportunies to rally the support and get in lock step with your fellow pilots. You don't have to be a UAL pilot to stand with the UAL pilots.......

Captain Heppner say it all:
"It's a major slap to employees," said Jay Heppner, a Boeing 777 captain for United and spokesman for the Air Line Pilots Association.
Major airlines worldwide outsource flying to smaller cities to regional carriers, which tend to hire pilots at the beginning of their careers to fly turbo-props or jets with fewer than 100 seats.

Did you speak up when United was outsourcing 40% of its domestic flying to Regional Airlines? Oh I forgot, you were one of the guys willing to fly mainline routes for half the money, just so you could get your 1500 hours turbine PIC.

Didn't you just say in the another thread its the free market, and we major airline pilots "gave it away". Here is your quote in case you forgot.

Originally Posted by Rez O. Lewshun
You seem to have problems with the regional guys. Like you said its a free market. If you guys didn't give it away it would still be yours..

So outsourcing to cheap American labor is fine when you benefit and you were j"ust taking advantage of the free market", but now all of a sudden when you think it may affect you, you demand ALPA guys to stand up and do something.

I would lose the sanctimonius attitide.

Last edited:
Wow... the self defeatist and whiners are in abundance.....

Recall the UAL pilots in 1985 successfully struck and won. They've done it, and can do it again.

Won what??? The company wanted a B scale. The pilots struck...strike over....B scale in place. The end.

I have been getting my a$$ kicked as an ALPA pilot for 20 years now at both Eastern and UAL.

Latest resources

Back