• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyby1206 said:
Its really pathetic. 3 years ago this poster was put up in the DFW terminal,
http://www.geocities.com/av8trxx99/PilotPay18K.JPG
passengers would stop and stare and mgmt got pissed. It got us a payraise, so now instead of $18,400 we make $20,700 for 1st yr FOs. Whoopdie doo!
And you show up for work . . . so you're getting paid what you you're worth.
You forgot to blame the APA for the AE ALPA payscales.

I am not blaming or saying APA had anything to do with our payscales. I am sure if APA could set our payscales then they would be much better, hah. I can't afford to quit my job all in honor of the profession. I can't get hired with any "respectable" carrier. The sad thing is that most regionals (not just Eagle) would fly MD80s/737s for half of what you get paid, so don't let up on scope and give our management a chance to make that happen.

Last edited:
Hey, over the past week I've gotten 9 HI6's announcing guys taking early retirement... 3 more and we can park another airplane! Yippee!!! (sarcasm)

:laugh:

Last edited:
How do you know that? If the staffing really is that tight, they will either have to recall - or park even more planes.

66 retirement for the beginning of August. If memory serves me well, 28 regular retirements and the rest early out.

It is not sustainable, we will retire over 4000+ over the next 8-10 years. They either shrink to NOTHING, or recalls will occur.

AAflyer

At this point it seems shrink to nothing is the strategy for the main line. Just look at the evidence. What has been the growth rate at AE over the last 5 years? And what has been the shrink rate at AA. And AA posted a nice profit. Those are the undisputable facts. The airline has been shrunk into profitability. I don't like it but that is what has happened.

Devil Dawg said:
At this point it seems shrink to nothing is the strategy for the main line. Just look at the evidence. What has been the growth rate at AE over the last 5 years? And what has been the shrink rate at AA. And AA posted a nice profit. Those are the undisputable facts. The airline has been shrunk into profitability. I don't like it but that is what has happened.

Devil Dawg,

I am NOT pro company, but Eagle is NOT taking delivery of any more RJs. Lastly while they continue to shrink the big scuttle between the AMR BOD and marketing department is about HOW MUCH to shrink, how much market share they can afford to give away. This is why I think AMR opened early, they want productivity to grow this airline (ala CAL). Our VP of Flight has mentioned how bad AMR wants a CAL style contract so many times he should pin it on his shirt.

Like I said earlier something has to give and soon. I don;t think AMR will shrink to nothing. Managers and investors can 't make money that way. AMR seems to always be on the back end. Look at the growth of NWA, UAL and DAL during he mid 90s. When did AMR join in? 1998.

Time will tell, but retirements coupled with guys early ejecting will and is leaving us VERY short staffed. No room fro an hiccups.

Just my $.02

AAflyer

Whatever is happening at AA cannot be blamed on AE this time. Growth? We haven't taken a single jet delivery in well over a year. The only tid bit (rumor)we have is a few Saabs coming back online so we can go back to places like LFT, AEX and Monroe. We have about 418 flowbacks. The growth since 9/11 went to them.

Latest resources

Back