• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is AA ever going to recall?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard from an APA union guy that he thinks the master plan is to continue thinning the heard at AA via retirements and parking of older aircraft, and when the numbers get down low enough they are gonna merge AE and AA, making all new hires come into the mainline through AE.....this is a way to get lower wage scales on AA property and a means to get newer more efficient large RJs while keeping payscales low on them. Probably some provision for furloughees to come back, but I would be willing to wager most are already happily employed somewhere else...I'd be surprised if you saw a 25% acceptance rate for recall.

TheRaven said:
I heard from an APA union guy that he thinks the master plan is to continue thinning the heard at AA via retirements and parking of older aircraft, and when the numbers get down low enough they are gonna merge AE and AA, making all new hires come into the mainline through AE.....this is a way to get lower wage scales on AA property and a means to get newer more efficient large RJs while keeping payscales low on them. Probably some provision for furloughees to come back, but I would be willing to wager most are already happily employed somewhere else...I'd be surprised if you saw a 25% acceptance rate for recall.

That's a little on the wild side. Which "APA union" guy said this?

Given the level of cooperation between APA and Eagle MEC, I don't forsee any merging of the lists until Sup. W is dead and gone.

Nothing will happen until the arbitrator rules on the Eagle grievance about AA Transition Class being considered "Newhire Training". That should happen in a couple of months.

The next step will be in determining whether the Flowthroughs who have assigned spots on the seniority list will maintain those spots after Sup. W dies.

I would imagine recalls will begin prior to the last event. TC

TheRaven said:

Thats actually why I was curious the DOH for those JR guys at AA. The JR AA CA is 6/90. We only have 580 out of 3000 people at AE who were hired before 6/90. JR AA FO is 2/00, which would match up closely with our JR AE CA 8/99. Logistically, the two lists would fit together well. As for all the AA furloughed which fit in between, maybe AMR getting a new a/c (190?) and offer the CA slots to AA furloughed, and the FO slots to AE folks. I know APA and Eagle MEC dont get along, but there has been much talk about a getting new union in house. It does sound far-fetched I know.
From the business side of things, AMR would be able to reduce many overlapping mgmt positions between the two companies, hopefully streamlining the ratio of personnel per aircraft.

Flyby1206 said:
Thats actually why I was curious the DOH for those JR guys at AA. The JR AA CA is 6/90. We only have 580 out of 3000 people at AE who were hired before 6/90. JR AA FO is 2/00, which would match up closely with our JR AE CA 8/99. Logistically, the two lists would fit together well. As for all the AA furloughed which fit in between, maybe AMR getting a new a/c (190?) and offer the CA slots to AA furloughed, and the FO slots to AE folks. I know APA and Eagle MEC dont get along, but there has been much talk about a getting new union in house. It does sound far-fetched I know.
From the business side of things, AMR would be able to reduce many overlapping mgmt positions between the two companies, hopefully streamlining the ratio of personnel per aircraft.

I think getting the small jets at AA is imperative.

I think getting EALPA to agree to anything but DOH will be impossible.

I think slotting Eagle pilots who don't already have a seniority number at AA ahead of those furloughed would not be acceptable to APA.

I think it will be tough to bring in the small jets at a pay scale that is acceptable to the membership. (Regardless of "industry standard".)

Great post, though. Maybe something can be worked out.TC

if someone senior to that 4/89 guy is bypassing upgrading because they love being top dog on the F/O list, will the 4/89 guy be bumped back to the right seat if he [senior bypass guy] chooses to upgrade? Or "one more CA on reserve can't hurt"

\/ - i'm sure hes on the 80

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back