Is AA ever going to recall?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
spacecadet1 said:
If the company gets productivity improvements (such as increased monthly max by 5 hrs), that means 5-10% less pilots needed. That's about 400-800 less pilots needed. The company also stated that it wasn't sure how the recent 757's being returned would affect staffing. I wouldn't rule out furloughs.

You can add the probable grounding of the A300 after next winter, that will take care of the retirements for the next year. At this rate, I don't see recalls until 2008/2009. BTW, Delta has expressed interest in the 757s AA is getting rid of, another smart move by the clowns at centerpoint, first they gave the 717 to the competition, now the 757s.

xtwapilot

I think AA is doing everything that they can not to bring back the TWA folks. Which is sad there is a great bunch of people there. Why in the world would the get rid of 757s when CO and DL are chomping at the bit to get some more.

The reason I heard was due to having to train for two different types of aircraft and two different types of engines. I think AMR just crunched the numbers and finally accepted that it's costing them too much to try and place a square peg in a round hole.

mwmav8r01 said:
I think AA is doing everything that they can not to bring back the TWA folks. Which is sad there is a great bunch of people there. Why in the world would the get rid of 757s when CO and DL are chomping at the bit to get some more.

You are correct. It's an elaborate plot by management to screw the TWA guys. It has nothing to do with fleet maintenance or the overall costs of operating the dissimilar bird. :rolleyes:

I'm not defending AA management; they pi$$ me off as much as the next guy, but claiming that TWA furloughs is the *real* reason here is ridiculous.

mwmav8r01 said:

AA management cares about the TWA people just like the rest . . . they could care less, except to throw out some PR slogans every now and then.

In fact nobody at AA cares about TWA anymore anyway. It's dead, gone, out-of-the-picture. Let it rest in peace with dignity, instead of using it as an excuse to whine at every opportunity.

I say again: The TWA 757's have been slated to leave the AA fleet ever since the Ch.11 (sham that it was... ;) ) was concluded. They have only been kept on the property because the lease terms were too harsh for them to cancel these leases when they returned the other TWA 757's.

There is no evil intent to this action. Like I said, the evil intent is in the announcement which I believe was intended to generate angst among the pilot group. It appears AMR has been successful.

AA will recall not one second sooner than they have to to avert disaster. They do not have to recall at all. That is true.

What is also true is that airlines cannot shrink to profitibility. AMR knows this.TC

Draginass said:
AA management cares about the TWA people just like the rest . . . they could care less

How much less could they care...a little, a lot?

did you mean to say "they could NOT care less" or "they couldn't care less"

What is the hire date of the most junior AA(native) pilot on property? How about jr captain hire date? Just curious, thanks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back