• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Irony

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wolf, to clarify, I was wondering if there will be other (non-pilot) staff reductions in CMH. NJW

Yeah... who knows.

My personal thoughts are probably in line with the main stream. "Show me your plan to the road of recovery before you ask me to pay for the gas".

Totally uncalled for!

If the workforce of any American corporation could work witht the passion of Netjets Wife and match her passion and energy; we wouldn't have a financial crisis, a recession or any measurable unemployment.

I guess it's easier to sit on your ass and criticize others than actually try and make a difference in peoples lives, or show compassion when, "life comes at you fast."

Griz, maybe that happens next week? Even so, it does seem a bit backwards to me. I was taught that when you're seriously cleaning house you start at the top and work your way down.

I disagree. The managers are the ones capable of picking up the pieces and reassigning duties. If you cut them first, then you're left with a bunch of children in class without a teacher.

I expect a 2nd round [of CMH folks] in a couple months.

By the way, job cuts were made well above the peon level.

NJLA are all part of the NJA list mostly in the top 20 or so with a few further back when FO slots opened up. If any of those pilots gets furloughed I would imagine almost every single airplane would be grounded almost immediately due to every possible mx issue. That would be going out of seniority order and that would be a disaster for the company to try to pull that one. However, they could easily go out of order with NJI (from the virtual seniority list that included NJI) since NJI isn't fully integrated yet and isn't part of the union. RS promised to abide by the virtual seniority list, but he isn't here to do that anymore so it will be interesting. I have heard NJI flying is down at least as much as NJA so I can't imagine them not getting rid of pilots if NJA must lose some also. RS protected the NJI as long as he could, but once again there is a new fearless leader and he seems to be all about the bottom line. I see rough seas on the horizon for those at the bottom of both sides.

If NJA will not allow NJI to be involved in their union until intergration why would they expect NJI to furlough on a VSL along with NJA pilot's????
They should get on with the program of intergration if they want to include NJI in furlough's, (If that happen's)
It appears that the NJA union wants to include NJI only when it's to their advantage???? Am I missing something here????:confused:

Dingus, any delay in integration is not union driven. Ask "Cast of Thousands" what the new plan is. He publishes info here more than to the NJA/NJI pilots, and integration is his baby, for now. Maybe BW can provide some detail as well? I'd trust his word far more than most.

C O T/ BW, can you please answer my question if possible. I know nothing about how union's operate. But this clearly looks like the union want's to include NJI in the pain and not give them any help when it comes to other matter's. Tks

Latest resources

Back