iPad test run

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRAWDADDY

The results of this have been kept pretty quiet. No word from how successful the program has been with EJM and the test on the 900 and Barbie Jet should be over with the data analyzed.

Prediction: If anything, the company will go with a Blackberry or WIntel knock off that will permit tinkering and customizing with proprietary software to slow the devises down and assure full employment of IT dept.

Thoughts?

There isn't much that needs to be tinkered with Jepp Mobile TC...Some can work with windows stuff but it's proved itself very unstable...

Tried the iPad in the aircraft...not worth it. Can't read it in bright light. Droid based tablets have better screen resolution and a longer battery life for half the price.

I use Jepp on an iPad and it works GREAT.

No problems with brightness or anything else.

iPad & Jepp TC

I use Jepp on an iPad and it works GREAT.

No problems with brightness or anything else.

Absolutely a great implementation. NO issues at all. Been using it 11months!

iPad + Jepp Mobile TC = GREAT.

Never had a problem viewing a chart in bright direct sunlight; other things such as RadarScope, however, are hard to see.

The birdies are saying iPads all the way? Even had a pic with the big man at FS on the real board. Where are you hearing other platforms Crawdaddy?

Pretty bad so far. The Winter Newsletter says we are the only operator approved to use these below 10,000ft but the fact is that they don't take the place of enroute charts, yet. We can't use them ABOVE 1Ok!

Lots of updates followed by urgent messages not to do the updates. Bug, debug, bug!

Passwords to get missed approach instructions? Are you kidding me?

We just aren't ready to go paperless with an officious IT department running the show.

I do like the fact that I don't have to worry about reading the mins thru a coffee spill

Latest resources

Back