Interview lunch went well I think

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
speaking of hand-flying...

Last night it was my leg back from FLL-CMI in the -10. The head honcho and his wife on board. It was a smooth clear night and we were getting to see the tailend of a nice sunset. Looking forward to a nice relaxing flight home after a long day I reach down to engage the autopilot and lo and behold, nothing, nada, nil, zip. It wouldn't engage. So I had to handfly all the way home at 350. Biggest alt. "deviation" was 110'. Not bad for a 2.5hr flight. When I got home I felt pretty good about myself and why not, I had a good, smooth flight home, I didn't make the boss or his wife sick in the back and I had my best night landing in a while. When I told my fiance that I hand-flew the whole way home she really gave it to me (and not in a good way!). "<sarcastic> Oh so you're a pilot and you had to FLY all the way home?! Wow, I'm sooooo impressed!"

Just thought I would share a funny story.

Sorry, Tony, I'll crawl back in my hole again. I now realize the way to go is to over-proceeduralize every action involved in aviation. Thanks for clearing that up for me. You saved my life.TC

Congratulations guys! You haven't quite done it yet, but you're well on your way to making us nothing more than button pushing computer nerds.

So who monitors the monitor who's monitoring the monitor?

I think in the interest of safety, we need to add a few more monitors in there.

AA717driver said:
Sorry, Tony, I'll crawl back in my hole again. I now realize the way to go is to over-proceeduralize every action involved in aviation. Thanks for clearing that up for me. You saved my life.TC
Awww, come on TC. You didn't really expect to say "settle down girls" and NOT have someone hurl a sarcastic remark or two your direction did you? :)

-TC

Ok, Tony, I'll give you that one. When I said that, I was talking strictly about a couple of people in my department who are always on the phone gossiping about what's going on and getting "all a'twitter" about it.

I didn't explain myself well. If I thought that about people here, I wouldn't be here. :) TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back