Interview lunch went well I think

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Throttlebender

Thanks for the advice on my previous post guys. Had lunch with the chief pilot today.We met at their hangar at 11:15, sat and talked for about an hour...very casual but informative. He told me that I need to finish my degree which I plan on doing but had to take time away from when my father got sick. He also told me to "get that ATP" which I'm currently studying for.

Funny thing is I was worried about what to wear and when I got there we were both wearing the same outfits. So, I guess I got lucky.

He then took me around and introduced me to everyone and we got in one of the GIVs. I loved the fit! :)

Then it was off to lunch where we just talked more about the company and average flying times and trip destinations etc.

I have a lot of work ahead of me if I hope to get on with this company but I'm gonna give it my best shot. He said to just be persistant about updating them as to what I'm doing and meet as many of their people as I can.

Oh, he said that as a final interview step they flight check you in a GIV. Applicant and two capts go out and do steep turns, ILS, go around, etc. Seems to me that would be a pretty intimidating thing if you've never flown anything that large or automated.

Anyway, that's that for now.

a 2300 hour pilot in a GIV? What aircraft have you flown? And, how are they going to get you on their insurance with such low time?? Just curious..

Well by the time I actually got hired(if that even happened) I'd have around 3000 hrs. I don't know how they work it with insurance but according to the chief pilot, one of their most recent hires had less time than me and no ATP but did have a GIV type. Don't know how that happened. He said jet experience is a plus but not that important.

We'll see. Seems like a longshot but I'm hopeful.

Throttlebender said:
I don't know how they work it with insurance but according to the chief pilot, one of their most recent hires had less time than me and no ATP but did have a GIV type. .

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I know of 10.000 hour pilot's that don't know how to fly a 172.. What's your point?

It's called insurance...

The industry term we use is, "Within the scope of insurability".

Last edited:
TMMT said:
It's called insurance...

Anything is possible if you are willing to pay a large enough premium.

Throttlebender said:
Funny thing is I was worried about what to wear and when I got there we were both wearing the same outfits. So, I guess I got lucky.
I sure hope that it was not the same red dress. I hate it when that happens. :D

TMMT said:
It's called insurance...

Whats so hard about insuring a 3000hr ATP with sims school and a type rating?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back