Interesting passengers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typhoon1244 said:

(Although, I think making people strip down to their boxers, unpack and repack all their bags, and drink their own breast milk is a recipe for air-rage, too.)

Boxers...now there is an idea. I am going to have to go buy some of those. I always wondered why folks were laughing at me standing at the security checkpoint in my leather thong while they searched my bag (overnight bag that is).:D

skydiverdriver said:
............So, I wonder what the passenger thought then? Did he think we were lying? ............................ I think people expect everyone else to be disingenuous with them, and nobody takes anyone's word anymore. I'm not sure why this is..................

Sky,

Of course he thought you were lying.

Just like used car dealers and auto mechanics, airlines have the reputation amongst the people of being liars. And just like the auto industry, the airline industrys' reputation was earned. We used to get letters from management giving guidance on how to avoid telling the truth about weather/broken airplanes/turbulence, etc. Passenger service agents will do almost anything to avoid telling the sheep that the airplane is broken at the gate. Also. Thanks to the USAToday, everyone thinks they are an industry expert, and know more about it than we do.

I think that we do a much better job of giving out honest information that we used to, but it's hard to blame pax for distrusting the industry.

Good topic,
regards
8N

Yeah,
I guess the next time we allow people to use their cells while waiting on a delay, we should say that you can call anyone except our parent company, that will do you no good. I'm suprised nobody has ever tried to call the FAA, since they are the ones that are actually delaying us. And, when the passenger said that there was no delay, we should have said "okay, here we go," and just taken off without a clearance.

PS, Surplus, how would you have felt if Gore had been president on 9/11? I personally would have been very frightened.

skydiverdriver said:

PS, Surplus, how would you have felt if Gore had been president on 9/11? I personally would have been very frightened.

Not a bit different than I did with George Bush or maybe even a tad better. When under attack, the defense of our country rests with the military, not the President. I trust the military. However, I do believe that anyone who achieves the Presidency of the United States, will do everything humanly possible, using the advice of our military leaders, to defend this country and its people from our enemies.

Bush is a photo-op showman, who spent his time avoiding the Vietnam war by being a weekend warrior flying around Texas. Gore served in country. It is one thing to talk about making war and another to have been to war.

That having been said, I'm not particularly impressed by a President who thumps his chest, brandishes his six shooter and makes threats. There is more to this country than cowboy hats, pistols and spurs. I'm a little leary of New Englanders from Texas. The business of war and peace is far more serious that political grandstanding. Americans are very proud of our military, as well they should be. Bush never misses an opportunity to use that for personal political advantage. I suppose I shouldn't blame him in that he has little else to offer, but sword waving doesn't inspire confidence. My reaction to that is much like my reaction to some of the bells and whistles in our fancy cockpits .... what's it gonna do next?

I certainly hope the Congress and the people will not allow Bush to immerse our country in another undeclared war. Our Constitution vests the power to declare war in the Congress and that is where I believe it should stay. It's fine for any President to respond immediately when necessary, but I do not cotton to the idea of any one man having the power to declare war, regardless of his political party. That is why we have 3 branches of government and NO KING.

Ole AL wasnt exactly humpin the jungle mountains of Nam looking for charlie, he was a journalists .

Kind of straying away from SDD's original thread....
Surplus, I am somewhat surprised on your view of Al Gore given you seem to desire honesty and integrity. Reading your posts regarding your union (meaning you desire honesty and integrity there), think you'd want the same with politicians. As far as favoring GWB or AG, my view of politics it is a professional wrestling match, it's a staged event and the outcome was decided before the game began.
Getting back to SDD's original thread. As a pax, I kind of agree with Enigma's comments. We seem to have a hard time telling the truth. I've been in situations where I felt I was being lied to (e.g., "the plane has landed and we'll be departing in just a few minutes"....six hours later I am being rerouted on another!). I don't know if people lie because that is what the customer wants to hear or if people would just rather lie.
SDD, just to let you know, when these situations arise I don't flash out my FF card and tell the airline what a great customer I am. I understand it is grievious for everyone when there are problems and realize the pilots want to get going as much as the folks in the back do. It has been my experience the bad customers stick in my mind more than the good ones. Guess that's human nature.

Last edited:
shaun3000 said:

Ya beat me to it!

And this thread is for pax bashing, not prez bashing. ;)

Agreed. Sorry to digress, I was just answering the question, asked by the threads originator, not trying to change the thread.

To SDF2,

I agree. Politics is a game, mostly of money and lies. The GWB crew is expert at both, but the other side is no slouch either.

As the others said, Gore was a journalist (in a combat zone). Bush was a president's son playing with NG jets in the security of Texas. I wouldn't mind that if he didn't try to come across as the "savior" of our armed forces. That he isn't.

Earlier this year, the DFW airport cops arrested a 30-year-old woman for public intoxication after she fondled an ASA captain's crotch before boarding his flight.

:) Now why can't we have more passengers like that?

MetroSheriff said:
I always wondered why folks were laughing at me standing at the security checkpoint in my leather thong while they searched my bag (overnight bag that is).

:eek: I could have gone until our next contract without that picture in my head....

Latest resources

Back