• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting JBLU review...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LGB limits for air carriers is 41 slots/day. Air carriers are defined as scheduled part 121/135 operators flying aircraft weighing 75,000 lbs, or greater. "Commuter" carriers can operate 25 flights/day, and are defined the same as air carriers, with the exception that they must use aircraft weighing less than 75,000lbs. The EMB-190 will not meet this weight requirement (approx. 100,000 lbs) and will be classified as an "air carrier" aircraft, thus subject to the 41 slot/day restriction.

Here is the link for more information:

http://www.lgb.org/content/noiseordinance.htm

Last edited:
Skirt
"I don't know the flight pattern into LGB, but if it is anything like the creative flow pattern JB negotiated for JFK, there will be no delays."

Can someone explain this to me?

dgs said:
The EMB-190 is significantly larger than an RJ. With it's larger cabin and larger seats if feels more like a full size airliner. However, the cutoff for slots at LGB is 100 seats. There is no contradiction here. The beauty of this airplane is that it takes the best from both worlds.

I may have misunderstood something that our COO said at a meeting with our crewmembers on this topic. I'll go back and review the tape. I still think "The beauty of this airplane is that it takes the best from both worlds." However, I need to research more about how the EMB-190 will fit at LGB.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back